Vox with Supersonic FLTE on Fanvil X3SP

Wildstyler

Hi everyone,

I live in the sticks so the only available internet with good speed/price is MTN Fixed LTE.
Currently signed up with Supersonic FLTE, they sent me a Huawei B612.

Telkom landline cables have been stolen for the umpteenth time and they are refusing to replace. I had already ordered a Fanvil X3SP voip phone knowing voip was going to be on the cards soon. Signed up with Vox for the R171 unlimited calls. Installed Vobi on my cell. Using wifi with Vobi I could hear the person on a call and they couldn't hear me. Logged onto the router and disabled SIP ALG and it now works.

I have updated the Fanvil firmware to the latest version and setup the SIP. It's registered (green light on L1) but no dial tone/can't make or receive calls. Spoke to Vox customer support and he said I should get something like a Yealink W52P because they don't support Fanvil and he can't really help because they don't know these phones.

Any thoughts to get the Fanvil working as I am at my wits end?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Try changing the transport protocol to TCP instead.

Check that the codecs that are enabled are supported by Vox voip.

Wildstyler

Thanks for the feedback. Changing to TCP gives "SIP Register Failed" on the fanvil
Put it back to DCP and tried each codec individually and together - still no luck.

Maybe it's something on the router but if Vobi works does that mean that the router is allowing voip or is that different?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks for the feedback. Changing to TCP gives "SIP Register Failed" on the fanvil
Put it back to DCP and tried each codec individually and together - still no luck.

Maybe it's something on the router but if Vobi works does that mean that the router is allowing voip or is that different?

It's definitely something with the sip account. I use the same device on Afrihost, Havex and Webaquad voip and have zero issues.

access

Honorary Master
install the sip account on your pc with zoiper/microsip to test it through your connection etc...

Wildstyler

Thanks for the tips guys. I ordered a Yealink W52P as a cordless was also needed and Vox said they do support it
so I was sure I could get it sorted.

I tried Zoiper and also no joy but thought I'd wait for the Yealink before trying more things.
Only when it arrived a few days ago did I finally figure out the problem.
When I tried to dial out the Yealink it said something like "the password is not valid" (the fanvil never said this).

Got the correct password from Vox and asked why it registers even with a wrong password and apparently they do it to deter hackers. It will register but you can't make or receive calls.

Thanks again.