Vox's fibre rollout plan gets debt backing from Investec

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Vox's fibre rollout plan gets debt backing from Investec

Investec has backed Vox’s fibre rollout plan by providing the company with access to debt facilities, the companies announced on 15 February 2021.

“The rollout of fibre via our subsidiary Frogfoot, is key to helping revolutionise the lives of local families and businesses, by providing a fast, affordable and reliable platform for communication,” said Vox CEO Jacques du Toit.

“However, the fibre telecommunications game is a competitive one and the right funding partner for growth is paramount.”

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Vox may not always relate well with the consumer, going by some sentiments I have read, but Vox has a strong leadership team. Commercially I would say their executive decisions are sound, but their product managers, product line pending, do at times come short to the consumer’s expectation, but these decisions are market related.

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Vox may not always relate well with the consumer, going by some sentiments I have read, but Vox has a strong leadership team. Commercially I would say their executive decisions are sound, but their product managers, product line pending, do at times come short to the consumer’s expectation, but these decisions are market related.

Yeah their support is not so good from personal experience but like you said their executive leadership is sound.

Devinity

Yeah their support is not so good from personal experience but like you said their executive leadership is sound.
I've had a very good experience with Vox support when I had my ADSL data with them. They would log request on my behalf with Telkom even though my line wasn't with them and it would be sorted our very quickly. They always followed up either with SMS or they would phone me.

Now their accounts department on the other hand wasn't so good when I changed my debit order details. The lady was quite rude and I complained and the issue was sorted out immediately.