VPN failure on Telkom LTE, works fine on CELL C

Eniigma

Expert Member
I have 7 locations running more or less the same setup, with only the windows version being different, all 7 where using a Cell C LTE connection and all was good.

Last week I swapped out a sim on a LTE router for a Telkom one.

Tested that internet and email are fine and left it. I set the machine to do an update of the windows version to 1903 or 1909 and let run over night. On Monday I came in messages that the VPN wasn't working.
Checked the pc and saw the update had failed and put the VPN issues down to update screwing up the network.

Today a second sim was swapped for a Telkom one and immediately the VPN issuses began. This machine is a Win 7. Same issue as the Win 10 one I did last week.

Only things I can think is either it's a DNS issue as the VPN is connecting to server.dyndns.org or some protocol or authentication method is blocked on Telkom.

Anyone had any similar issues?

It is not a firewall or Antirvirus software issue. All of them run the exact same AV and firewall rules. Disabling FW has no effect either.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
I have 7 locations running more or less the same setup, with only the windows version being different, all 7 where using a Cell C LTE connection and all was good.

Last week I swapped out a sim on a LTE router for a Telkom one.

Tested that internet and email are fine and left it. I set the machine to do an update of the windows version to 1903 or 1909 and let run over night. On Monday I came in messages that the VPN wasn't working.
Checked the pc and saw the update had failed and put the VPN issues down to update screwing up the network.

Today a second sim was swapped for a Telkom one and immediately the VPN issuses began. This machine is a Win 7. Same issue as the Win 10 one I did last week.

Only things I can think is either it's a DNS issue as the VPN is connecting to server.dyndns.org or some protocol or authentication method is blocked on Telkom.

Anyone had any similar issues?

It is not a firewall or Antirvirus software issue. All of them run the exact same AV and firewall rules. Disabling FW has no effect either.
Are you using the unrestricted APN?