Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I'm still keen to know if we can choose something like a 50/5 package. I know it's only showing 20/2, but I'm still curious as to why this is the only option available. I mean, take my money ffs lol

Reactions: Yuu

Nikkel

Expert Member
Go with Afrihost. I can't say they are the best, and they are definitely not the worst. The self help service they have online is epic though. Best thing. You don't have to beg tele operators to ever cancel anything. You do it yourself. They do everything through Octotel.
Been with Afrihost a little over 5 years now, so they'll naturally be my 1st choice as I never experienced any of the bad things that many others did.

jdido87

Expert Member
Openserve is going to regret the k@K answers they gave me through my initiative to get FTTH in the village. How can you shoot yourself so in the foot. The thing I dont understand is our exchanges are congested as f.....k with ADSL but apparently we dont have money but can pay through our necks for ADSL. To make matters worse I have business fibre where I stay and Openserve has line running past my house but the idiots refuse to connect us.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Openserve is going to regret the k@K answers they gave me through my initiative to get FTTH in the village. How can you shoot yourself so in the foot. The thing I dont understand is our exchanges are congested as f.....k with ADSL but apparently we dont have money but can pay through our necks for ADSL. To make matters worse I have business fibre where I stay and Openserve has line running past my house but the idiots refuse to connect us.
This is the exact same thing i have gone through with Openserve and Telkom. i have been begging them to do something. Either upgrade the exchanges, or lay the fibre cables. Why can Vuma do this, and not them. Its like there are just so many slow Mofos running Telkom at the moment, that everybody is just running ahead of them

jdido87

Expert Member
This is the exact same thing i have gone through with Openserve and Telkom. i have been begging them to do something. Either upgrade the exchanges, or lay the fibre cables. Why can Vuma do this, and not them. Its like there are just so many slow Mofos running Telkom at the moment, that everybody is just running ahead of them
Or maybe their focus is 5G who knows with them in any event.

Nikkel

Expert Member
What is the contention ratio for this service?
Snippet from the article

Mitchells Plain won't get quite the deal that had been planned for Alexandra. Residents will be paying up to R400 per month for a 20 megabit per second connection. Those connections will be uncapped, however, and will come with no connection or installation fees, which run to at least R1,725 everywhere else. It will also be sold as pre-paid rather than on a contract basis, and won't have the contention system that would, in Alexandra, have meant that data throughput would slow down if many neighbours used their connections at the same time.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Add to that how reluctant Telkom is to roll out fibre in medium income areas.

I live in a high income area in Cape Town in the South Peninsula and we can't even get Telkom to roll out fibre to our area either. No other fibre providers are keen either.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I live in a high income area in Cape Town in the South Peninsula and we can't even get Telkom to roll out fibre to our area either. No other fibre providers are keen either.
Move to Mitchells Plain dude. me and Nikkel will protect you lol

jdido87

Expert Member
Move to Mitchells Plain dude. me and Nikkel will protect you lol
lol he needs to be protected from himself its lekker in the plain. People often have a skewed view of Mitchell's Plain. One of my colleague is in a relationship with a guy from Lentegeur, she absolutely loves the area. The neighborliness is what keeps her coming back. She stays north of the N1 so ya. One of the consultants I deal with, a middle aged white man, got lost in Mitchells Plain and then decided to drive through the area some more because according to him it was not what he expected. His words to me "everything you need is right there".

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
lol he needs to be protected from himself its lekker in the plain. People often have a skewed view of Mitchell's Plain. One of my colleague is in a relationship with a guy from Lentegeur, she absolutely loves the area. The neighborliness is what keeps her coming back. She stays north of the N1 so ya. One of the consultants I deal with, a middle aged white man, got lost in Mitchells Plain and then decided to drive through the area some more because according to him it was not what he expected. His words to me "everything you need is right there".
Thats the nice thing.. Crime is everywhere, but at least if i need my neighbors help to bliksem a skelm, i can count on those Aunties wearing the rollers in their hair to come help me lol

Nikkel

Expert Member
So played around between Afrhost Mweb and Cool ideas using an address in Portlands that's in the live section... only the R399 20mb uncapped package is available...no availability on other line speeds when selecting them.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
So played around between Afrhost Mweb and Cool ideas using an address in Portlands that's in the live section... only the R399 20mb uncapped package is available...no availability on other line speeds when selecting them.
Yeh also saw that.. im stil trying to get hold of Afrihost and Cool Ideas, to understand if there is some restriction that has been placed where you can only get that package, or if its just been put down in terms of an affordability perspective, instead of overwhelming customers with more expensive packages

so im hoping its just a case of you asking for a higher speed, and they issue you with it.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
mitchellsfibre.co.za only mentions one line speed so you might be limited to only that.
The Mitchells Fibre network will offer every home 20mbps download speed and 10mbps upload speed, ideal for streaming in HD!
And this is quite nice.
Mitchells Fibre gives a free 1Gbps fibre broadband connection to every registered primary and high school we pass when deploying our network!

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Mitchells Fibre told me this morning its up to the ISP's to provide higher speed packages.
Hell yeh ... Thanks so much man, thats great news. Im assuming they are only issuing that as its much more affordable to most people on that package