Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Good morning,

Vuma Reach Outage in Cape Town.

shubz

So.. a guy in my road signed up for activation last week. Our road was one of the fist to go live in 2019.
They now discovered the line was never chased from the black plastic drain to his house, now they are knocking open the pavement , eish.

jparker

Anybody been reading about the speed upgrades and price cuts going around for fiber. Looks like the minimum line speed will be around 25 mb.

jparker

Interesting reading about Vumatel intending to put prices up, going the opposite way

davyb

Some articles are on Mybroadband
All of these changes does not effect Vumareach product, also just a question is there any areas(new areas like Eastridge) in Mitchell's Plain that they are trenching

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic, any news your side regarding these changes.
?

Hi,

Only Openserve started with the new speed upgrades on the 1st.

I'm not aware of pricing or speed changes for Vuam Reach clients at this time. We will definitely send out emails to all clients if there are any changes.

KopiteZA

Is it possible to log into the Vumatel ONT? If so can anyone tell me what the login details are please?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Is it possible to log into the Vumatel ONT? If so can anyone tell me what the login details are please?
I don't believe so, what would you like to do?

It's been designed as a no touch service by Vumatel. Or least amount of touch :)

KopiteZA

I don't believe so, what would you like to do?

It's been designed as a no touch service by Vumatel. Or least amount of touch :)
I'm not sure but I think there may be unauthorized devices on my wifi. I gave my niece the password and I think she in turn shared it with my neighbor's kid. So I would just like to check how many devices are currently on the network, I'm getting lots of buffering on my IPtv streams lately.
Edit: I'm not home during the day, most days there's no one home so I dont mind if the neighborhood kids use the wifi. What I actually want to do is to set the router to only allow my devices whenever I'm trying to watch TV, is this possible?

Last edited:

Jaseyyxx

I'm not sure but I think there may be unauthorized devices on my wifi. I gave my niece the password and I think she in turn shared it with my neighbor's kid. So I would just like to check how many devices are currently on the network, I'm getting lots of buffering on my IPtv streams lately.
Edit: I'm not home during the day, most days there's no one home so I dont mind if the neighborhood kids use the wifi. What I actually want to do is to set the router to only allow my devices whenever I'm trying to watch TV, is this possible?
Username: Epuser
Pass: userEp