Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Jaseyyxx

I'm not sure but I think there may be unauthorized devices on my wifi. I gave my niece the password and I think she in turn shared it with my neighbor's kid. So I would just like to check how many devices are currently on the network, I'm getting lots of buffering on my IPtv streams lately.
Edit: I'm not home during the day, most days there's no one home so I dont mind if the neighborhood kids use the wifi. What I actually want to do is to set the router to only allow my devices whenever I'm trying to watch TV, is this possible?

Mvu

Hi guys, so I thought I could use my Huawei b525 battery/power pack on the vumareach router during loadshedding. Not working at all
Any ideas guys on how to keep the router on during loadshedding?
Thanks

Nikkel

Expert Member
Hi guys, so I thought I could use my Huawei b525 battery/power pack on the vumareach router during loadshedding. Not working at all
Thanks
UPS

Reactions: Mvu

sammi01

Thanks
Gizzu 8800

Ravenhash

We really need serious speed upgrade options - 40Mbps seems like a joke now

South African home broadband users will soon be able to get 10Gbit/s fibre thanks to a new offering from Vumatel, which will be commercially available after a short trial period.
The Remgro-controlled Vumatel has announced the 10Gbit/s trial, which it is conducting in partnership with Internet service provider Cool Ideas, as it celebrates rolling out fibre-optic broadband cables past a million homes in South Africa.
In an exclusive interview with TechCentral on Thursday, Vumatel CEO Dietlof Mare said the 10Gbit/s plan will be aimed at a small subset of the home broadband market and is designed for technically astute early adopters.

Full Article

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Thanks
This... Even without loadshedding, i leave the Gizzu plugged in, so my router is powered by that.
fd0f1232d88fbd84afb30488a7eb5ed0.jpg

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
We really need serious speed upgrade options - 40Mbps seems like a joke now

South African home broadband users will soon be able to get 10Gbit/s fibre thanks to a new offering from Vumatel, which will be commercially available after a short trial period.
The Remgro-controlled Vumatel has announced the 10Gbit/s trial, which it is conducting in partnership with Internet service provider Cool Ideas, as it celebrates rolling out fibre-optic broadband cables past a million homes in South Africa.
In an exclusive interview with TechCentral on Thursday, Vumatel CEO Dietlof Mare said the 10Gbit/s plan will be aimed at a small subset of the home broadband market and is designed for technically astute early adopters.

Full Article
Vuma Reach actually posted this on Facebook, then removed it. @AbuNetworkGuru

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I'm not sure but I think there may be unauthorized devices on my wifi. I gave my niece the password and I think she in turn shared it with my neighbor's kid. So I would just like to check how many devices are currently on the network, I'm getting lots of buffering on my IPtv streams lately.
Edit: I'm not home during the day, most days there's no one home so I dont mind if the neighborhood kids use the wifi. What I actually want to do is to set the router to only allow my devices whenever I'm trying to watch TV, is this possible?
Reset your wireless password via the ISP portal?

KopiteZA

Reset your wireless password via the ISP portal?
Thought about changing the password but that would mean I have to give the new password to everyone who's already allowed on the WiFi. Too much effort lol.. Like I said, I don't mind if there's people using my WiFi because there's rarely anyone at home to make use of it. I only wanted to whitelist my own devices during certain times to prevent buffering whenever I'm trying to watch the soccer. Thanks again to @Jaseyyxx for providing the login details for the router, worked a charm bru!