Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Good Morning,

We are still working on the issue. The traffic we reroute did not yield significant changes unfortunately.

Will keep everyone updated on the progress.

CxJx2011

Good Morning,

We are still working on the issue. The traffic we reroute did not yield significant changes unfortunately.

Will keep everyone updated on the progress.

I figured my connection is all over the place, it is making work pretty difficult. Would appreciate an ETAif possible

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I figured my connection is all over the place, it is making work pretty difficult. Would appreciate an ETAif possible

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA currently.

System engineers and Noc manager is on this and we are actively working on the issue to have is resolved asap.

Nikkel

Expert Member
Yeah last night was a schitt show.... DSTVNow looks to have crashed LOL!

Netflix was ok though...

CapoPlays

Yeah certain protocols and endpoints seemed to be mostly operational.
Unfortunately some of my colleagues were stressing as they work nightshift they weren't able to access vpn to sydney, i pray its fixed before my shift starts at 4pm tomorrow otherwise im in shitz

Ace_92_sa

otherwise...R1000 airtime, mobile hotspot and there you go o_O jokes aside, hope y'all are sorted soonest!

Can picture AH NOC department right about now.

Nikkel

Expert Member
Morning,

How long have you had the slow speeds last night?
Been up and down, latency came down to between 20 to 40ms and speed hovers around 12mb... checked this morning when I left for work and still the same...

Prim0

They have finally started installing this Fibre thingy you okes talk about in Eastridge.

They started Saturday, 26 June, in our road and broke up the pavement. Only started again yesterday due to the weather. Hoping things go smoothly. From what I can tell our road/part of Eastridge has been making a lot of progress.

capetownspur

They have finally started installing this Fibre thingy you okes talk about in Eastridge.

They started Saturday, 26 June, in our road and broke up the pavement. Only started again yesterday due to the weather. Hoping things go smoothly. From what I can tell our road/part of Eastridge has been making a lot of progress.
So Tafelsig next or are there still issues with getting the fibre into the ground?

Prim0

So Tafelsig next or are there still issues with getting the fibre into the ground?
At the moment the ETA on Tafelsig is still not confirmed. From what I have been told Tafelsig is dependant on Eastridge to go live first, similar to how we were dependant on Beacon Valley going live first.

If you do need internet in the meantime possibly check out rain 5G, I was able to get it at our place and it's been running great the last few weeks.