Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Kiemo

Expert Member
At the moment the ETA on Tafelsig is still not confirmed. From what I have been told Tafelsig is dependant on Eastridge to go live first, similar to how we were dependant on Beacon Valley going live first.

If you do need internet in the meantime possibly check out rain 5G, I was able to get it at our place and it's been running great the last few weeks.
Awe bro … I saw yes a few guys also kept me posted on the fibre … in eastridge but most of the people moved to rains 5g package i myself is on that … if eastridge gets it’s fibre most people will definitely jump to fibre which for me I’ll stay on rains 5g because that leave most towers less congested

Kiemo

Expert Member
At the moment the ETA on Tafelsig is still not confirmed. From what I have been told Tafelsig is dependant on Eastridge to go live first, similar to how we were dependant on Beacon Valley going live first.

If you do need internet in the meantime possibly check out rain 5G, I was able to get it at our place and it's been running great the last few weeks.
Also they have started in tafelsig as well … but more to Kilimanjaro‘s side

CapoPlays

Awe bro … I saw yes a few guys also kept me posted on the fibre … in eastridge but most of the people moved to rains 5g package i myself is on that … if eastridge gets it’s fibre most people will definitely jump to fibre which for me I’ll stay on rains 5g because that leave most towers less congested
Tf is 5G in eastridge? I know mandalay and half of lenteguer is live on 5G Rain

MisterV

The 1000/100 package was removed from the core network, they can gladly have that as a option, hek even the 200/200 would be great :sneaky:
They can make it a "unoffical package" like they did on the core network.

CapoPlays

No cap bro … eastridge does have … I have that package for 480 … speeds are good …
Literally 70 to 80% of capetown has 5G and westride is live, rocklands and the rest soon eastridge and tafelsig has 5G too

Kiemo

Expert Member
Literally 70 to 80% of capetown has 5G and westride is live, rocklands and the rest soon eastridge and tafelsig has 5G too
Eastridge and tafelsig does have … by the looks of it … not all the gabs are but where I am we covered

capetownspur

Eastridge and tafelsig does have … by the looks of it … not all the gabs are but where I am we covered
How long have you had it and what has the experience been like during that time. Will you keep it when fibre is available or go for fibre instead?

Kiemo

Expert Member
How long have you had it and what has the experience been like during that time. Will you keep it when fibre is available or go for fibre instead?
Had it for a while now … could say more than a month now … it’s been great I didn’t have any problems with it … did my testing and everything tested it for a week …

and no disappointment so far … and it’s still running good …

Kiemo

Expert Member
I’ll definitely keep it when fibre comes don’t make a difference to me … when fibre comes so many people will be off the towers … so to me that’s even more better … like I said I didn’t have any problems … and for 480 … a 30 megabyte isn’t bad … because for 400 rand fibre line you gonna pay for a 20 megabytes … so for a extra 10 I just pay an extra 80 rand …

CapoPlays

I’ll definitely keep it when fibre comes don’t make a difference to me … when fibre comes so many people will be off the towers … so to me that’s even more better … like I said I didn’t have any problems … and for 480 … a 30 megabyte isn’t bad … because for 400 rand fibre line you gonna pay for a 20 megabytes … so for a extra 10 I just pay an extra 80 rand …
What 30mbps on 5G thats wack bro i was expecting 200mbps

Kiemo

Expert Member
Yes I did say 5g …

but keep in mind that where the price point is … at … so depending on the price point … that’s where the sweet spot is … the speeds can increase definitely and I do get more depending but it’s 30 and more that’s the cap

Kiemo

Expert Member
For people being on the Mitchells Fibre thing or vuma … not sure if they got different packages but it’s 400 for a 20 meg line … and 500 something for a 40 right ?

So to me 30 meg line isn’t that bad … if it makes sense I no the people want 200 and 300 and 400 megabyte so pay for it …

yes rain isn’t a plug and play but with fine tuning which to me isn’t a problem because I’m an technical where I comes to this … it’s perfect …

Jettafreak

For people being on the Mitchells Fibre thing or vuma … not sure if they got different packages but it’s 400 for a 20 meg line … and 500 something for a 40 right ?

So to me 30 meg line isn’t that bad … if it makes sense I no the people want 200 and 300 and 400 megabyte so pay for it …

yes rain isn’t a plug and play but with fine tuning which to me isn’t a problem because I’m an technical where I comes to this … it’s perfect …
But isn't it only R479 for the 1st 3months and after that back to R699?

Kiemo

Expert Member
But isn't it only R479 for the 1st 3months and after that back to R699?
Well … by the looks of it no … remember if they laying fibre in zone 18 how long will it take for zone 18 or 19 to be done …

so if you can get 5g up until December for 480 why not take it that’s 6 months … so within that period fibre will most probably be done … let me no PM me if you interested I’ll get rain to contact you ASAP …