Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Kiemo

Expert Member
It’s totally your choice guys … I’m not saying anything all I’m saying is its working for me … and I did testing and everything with the help of guys on this forum … which I appreciate … just ask the right people on here for help and they will help you …

CapoPlays

It’s totally your choice guys … I’m not saying anything all I’m saying is its working for me … and I did testing and everything with the help of guys on this forum … which I appreciate … just ask the right people on here for help and they will help you …
i want standalone 5G not 5G hogged off 4G towers lol i want minimum 150mbps down (Orignal LTE offerings but never happened) and atleast 30mbps up even if it cost R699 ill switch from fibre lol heck ill even get a attenna on my roof for sold connection ive got a tower 100m from me,

CapoPlays

rain is leveraging its 4G network infrastructure to build a cost effective 5G network with wide coverage. Technically this is called a Non-standalone (NSA) 5G network. This allows rain to drive the costs of production down, enabling us to offer more affordable data products to more South Africans.

EXPLAINS 30mbps on 5G .... no thank you lol ill stay on fibre and wait till a provider rolls out standalone 5G like the ISP im working for is doing atm , might take mitchells plain another 324234672642364269423 Years to get this tech up and running heck iceman and nikkel with have 1000000Mbps Quantum Internet and Afrinatic keeping us updated why Quantum BRAS Failed as per our SuperTracert Test on WinLinux20.2because i complained about having 1ms latency on my Virtual Reality Call Of Duty Game before SA 5G rolls out lmimsp

Last edited:

Kiemo

Expert Member
i want standalone 5G not 5G hogged off 4G towers lol i want minimum 150mbps down (Orignal LTE offerings but never happened) and atleast 30mbps up even if it cost R699 ill switch from fibre lol heck ill even get a attenna on my roof for sold connection ive got a tower 100m from me,
Try it bro

Attachments

• 6F9ED99E-83CB-4987-98EC-004B98076CBB.png
    6F9ED99E-83CB-4987-98EC-004B98076CBB.png
    97 KB · Views: 48

Kiemo

Expert Member
The 5g isn’t off the 4g towers … more like an upgrade on towers …

Kiemo

Expert Member
rain is leveraging its 4G network infrastructure to build a cost effective 5G network with wide coverage. Technically this is called a Non-standalone (NSA) 5G network. This allows rain to drive the costs of production down, enabling us to offer more affordable data products to more South Africans.

EXPLAINS 30mbps on 5G .... no thank you lol ill stay on fibre and wait till a provider rolls out standalone 5G like the ISP im working for is doing atm , might take mitchells plain another 324234672642364269423 Years to get this tech up and running heck iceman and nikkel with have 1000000Mbps Quantum Internet and Afrinatic keeping us updated why Quantum BRAS Failed as per our SuperTracert Test on WinLinux20.2because i complained about having 1ms latency on my Virtual Reality Call Of Duty Game before SA 5G rolls out lmimsp
Well for the gamers they want the best internet connection but for that you have to pay big bucks …

why not stream and give us some content to watch

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Having bad connectivity tonight. (Zone 4) The PON light on the ONT is remaining constantly on. Maintenance or line break somewhere you reckon?

@AfriNatic

Mario23

Like Nikkel said:

Ok so no jumping through any complicated hoops! Its as simple as logging into Mitchellsfibre Huawei router, disabling wifi, connecting LAN 1 to your preferred router's WAN port.

Just enable WAN on your router, set to Automatic IP, set IPv to IPv4/IPv6 and apply!

Now your router runs network and MF router is just an ONT

Speeds are solid and no complaints with latency!

I have to thank a user in our small whatsapp group, not sure what his username is on forum but thank you kind Sir!

I'm happy!
Can you please give a detailed explanation on how to do this.

njd25

How do you activate IPv6 guys, I can't seem to find it in the router settings? Will this assist with packet loss in Warzone? I have been getting packet loss for the past few days now. Not constant but to many for my liking.

Nikkel

Expert Member
How do you activate IPv6 guys, I can't seem to find it in the router settings? Will this assist with packet loss in Warzone? I have been getting packet loss for the past few days now. Not constant but to many for my liking.
It looks like it's already enabled on GPON as in pic I attached in post #5590

Waiting on @AfriNatic to give us more details...

Last edited: