Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Dude most people dont spend that, a fair amount sure but most people don't care enough about super fast internet. Maybe if more people work from home, ultimately their obligations are to their shareholders. They will upgrade I'm sure but I would say 3-5 years depending on total costs and whatever their board members feel is a fair return and in a nominal time frame for their profit forecasts.
Your view of people not caring about super fast internet is a bit short sighted. We living in 2021, not 2001. Most people are already working from home, most have smart tvs, media players, IOT devices, and other things that connect to the internet.

Now lets talk Vuma..

You say that it would cost Vuma plenty of money to upgrade the network, to handle faster speeds.

This already shows how bad they planned this, when their whole thought process was cheap low cost fibre, without thinking long term and the consequences once other FNO's decide to build their own network.

Now what do they do now, do Vuma say lets stick to our guns, lose customers to other players, or say hold on, we are under pressure now, and our shareholders will start to ask questions..

3-5 years from now you say.. Vuma will be either gone, or their base will have shrunk to a size, where them building or upgrading their network will then really not be worth their money, time and effort. Now is the time to capture the market, not in 3 to 5 years time, when by that time, more FNOs will probably be in these areas.

Double.D

Your view of people not caring about super fast internet is a bit short sighted. We living in 2021, not 2001. Most people are already working from home, most have smart tvs, media players, IOT devices, and other things that connect to the internet.

Now lets talk Vuma..

You say that it would cost Vuma plenty of money to upgrade the network, to handle faster speeds.

This already shows how bad they planned this, when their whole thought process was cheap low cost fibre, without thinking long term and the consequences once other FNO's decide to build their own network.

Now what do they do now, do Vuma say lets stick to our guns, lose customers to other players, or say hold on, we are under pressure now, and our shareholders will start to ask questions..

3-5 years from now you say.. Vuma will be either gone, or their base will have shrunk to a size, where them building or upgrading their network will then really not be worth their money, time and effort. Now is the time to capture the market, not in 3 to 5 years time, when by that time, more FNOs will probably be in these areas.
Help me understand something here. They have already invested heavily going into places openserve didn't want to go into despite having the infrastructure in place. And the return on investment must surely have been realised when they had a phenomenal response. To lose that now due to being short-sighted just doesn't make sense?

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Help me understand something here. They have already invested heavily going into places openserve didn't want to go into despite having the infrastructure in place. And the return on investment must surely have been realised when they had a phenomenal response. To lose that now due to being short-sighted just doesn't make sense?
I dont think their return on investment has been realised yet. The cost of offering low cost fibre, vs the cost of building the network, and also passing on a cut to the isps, mean that they wouldnt be making much.. its meant to possibly be a long term project, where they were hoping to sign on plenty of homes, and then gradually increasing price in incrementals, until they saw that ROI.

Now they have a problem with OS entering, because A) homes they would have connected are now going with OS, and B) homes they already connected, will now move to OS, because they cant provide them with what they crave for.

CapoPlays

I dont think their return on investment has been realised yet. The cost of offering low cost fibre, vs the cost of building the network, and also passing on a cut to the isps, mean that they wouldnt be making much.. its meant to possibly be a long term project, where they were hoping to sign on plenty of homes, and then gradually increasing price in incrementals, until they saw that ROI.

Now they have a problem with OS entering, because A) homes they would have connected are now going with OS, and B) homes they already connected, will now move to OS, because they cant provide them with what they crave for.
peanut butter and 100/50 on toast lol , eish we can argue and speak all we want on this topic vumatel will do what they think is suitable yes im grateful for having fibre and its cheaper than other areas but 40/10? sies man