Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Nikkel

Expert Member
Ag fok! dont stel belang in Facebook at all and never had an account...:crying:

mandana

Expert Member
They respond really quickly.

Sad to see that the infrastructure is being vandalized and is potentially causing the roll out to slow down or stop.

I'm in Westridge and have been praying for fibre for years as I can't get a faster ADSL line due to distance from the exchange. So those people in Portlands need to take care of the infrastructure so the rest of us can get this service too :)

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Facebook Messenger, they respond rather quick as well
Out of interest sake. Would you then have to say go directly to Vumatel or any other ISP, to come and do the installation, as Mitchells Fibre only has the one option?

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master

Sad to see that the infrastructure is being vandalized and is potentially causing the roll out to slow down or stop.

I'm in Westridge and have been praying for fibre for years as I can't get a faster ADSL line due to distance from the exchange. So those people in Portlands need to take care of the infrastructure so the rest of us can get this service too :)
Dont worry ma se kin, we will protect it lol... otherwise let us just enjoy it for a few months lol

Nikkel

Expert Member

Where has it been vandalized?

Doesn't look like the slowing down... The guys went cutting pavements through the whole part of Rocklands from Kapteinsklip station to Eisleben road in the past week.

Nikkel

Expert Member
Out of interest sake. Would you then have to say go directly to Vumatel or any other ISP, to come and do the installation, as Mitchells Fibre only has the one option?
I think what's important here is the fibre being laid...there will most probably be other package options a bit later...

jdido87

Expert Member
The told me they only provide the infrastructure. The packages are up to the ISP's. I mean if they can provide a 1gbps connections to schools then surely.

mandana

Expert Member
Where has it been vandalized?

Doesn't look like the slowing down... The guys went cutting pavements through the whole part of Rocklands from Kapteinsklip station to Eisleben road in the past week.

Pictures was posted on their facebook page, fibre cables ripped out etc. Mitchell's Fibre posted it.

Nikkel

Expert Member
Idiots just testing the waters to see if there's copper. It will stop as soon as they realize they cant sell it at scrapyards. Druggies is rife and desperate for anything to sell.

No FB but thanks

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
so got the same response from Mitchells Fibre as Jdido now

Hi, Mitchells Fibre is the infrastructure provider in order for the ISPs to sell their services. We'd suggest liaising with your preferred ISP regarding product offerings and pricing.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
They are all over the place at the moment with this roll out. Bit of a back track here now

?
The cost of rolling out a fibre network in suburbs are extremely high and can vary slightly depending on the density of the dwellings, the soil conditions and type of sidewalks, the method of fibre deployment, technology used and most importantly resident interest and demand for the service. The cost of building fibre to certain areas can be extremely high and would push the cost of delivering fibre services to a point where it might not be viable for us to roll out fibre. It is therefore crucial to go to our webpage https://mitchellsfibre.co.za/ and show your interest for fibre. Once enough residents have shown their interest we will be able to properly evaluate the viability of rolling out fibre to your area.
Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for constant updates as to how we progress with the roll out of fibre in your neighbourhood.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
off their website

The Mitchells Fibre network will offer every home 20mbps download speed and 10mbps upload speed, ideal for streaming in HD!

Nikkel

Expert Member
They literally stopped 2 houses away from me.. yoh! lol :crying::ROFL: @Nikkel knows my frustration
LOL! Yor bra...kuk one but like you said the need approval from council so hope you get sorted soon... I'm patiently/impatiently waiting for progress... the contractor busy breaking up the cut out pieces in the pavements so looks good thus far!

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
LOL! Yor bra...kuk one but like you said the need approval from council so hope you get sorted soon... I'm patiently/impatiently waiting for progress... the contractor busy breaking up the cut out pieces in the pavements so looks good thus far!
MSP man lol :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

jdido87

Expert Member
Hahaha this is the thing, they all underestimate the buying power in MP. Companies should be doing proper surveys in the area and they will be surprised.
I am tired of having this discussion with people that have this skewed perception of reality on
So they are not digging up the entire pavement. Using existing Telkom ducts or what?