Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

MisterV

@AfriNatic dont worry bro i didnt leave you i got my dads service with AH :crying: i had to switch as CISP routes are better to AU getting 430ms and with VPN 530ms stable compared to AH 550ms without vpn and 640-650ms with vpn
Might I ask the destination you were testing to?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I got a few vpn disconnects so after 12 don't know if that helps GP area

Not related. Wanted to see if if anyone noticed issues with Ipv6 specifically but the traffic levels look good so doesn't look like a widespread issue.

NBL

Interested to hear this too, we had access to the ONT via the WiFi and Ethernet once upon a time, most of us had setup our own routers and obviously disabled WiFi on the ONT for obvious reasons but a few months back MF revoked accessing the ONT via Ethernet so we are stuck on not being able to access the ONT.

When we had access to the ONT, it was a basic user account which could run diagnostics, change WiFI deets and change LAN settings - but that was pretty much it, we never had admin rights to change WAN settings and this meant we could not set the ONT into the beloved bridge mode so that our own routers could act as the gateway.

So keen to hear how you managed to do this.
Hi do perhaps have a guide , steps to bridge the ont?
Vuma reach installed their device here in Atlantis . I'm able to access the ont. I want to use my own router. I'm not an IT person. Just want to use my own router. Any help would be appreciated.

Nikkel

Expert Member
Hi do perhaps have a guide , steps to bridge the ont?
Vuma reach installed their device here in Atlantis . I'm able to access the ont. I want to use my own router. I'm not an IT person. Just want to use my own router. Any help would be appreciated.

take LAN port1 of Huawei to WAN of your own router
go to 192.168.18.1 on browser
admin: Epuser
Pass: UserEp or userEp

click on wireless and disable

Your router's quick setup will take you through the rest (after you reset it)

Not sure of your routers IPV6 menu but the passthrough option works

Prim0

Heyo peeps, hope everyone is well.

I got confirmation that our AG is going live this week in Zone 18. I placed a pre-order a few months ago as soon as it was available via Afrihost.
When MF had one of their pop-ups in the area I made a turn and a consultant took down my deets.

The same consultant got back to me yesterday and asked me if they could send me a payment link. From what I understand the link is for a voucher, I would prefer to have my order debited instead.

Just wanted to know which is the correct way to go about this. Do I pay via the payment link sent from MF or should I wait for my mail from Afrihost once we are live?
One other question, with regards to the debit order do I make an upfront payment or would I be charged pro-rata at the end of the month? I currently have a Rain 5G package and would prefer canceling this without incurring an immeditate additional cost for the Fibre line.

Jaseyyxx

I got confirmation that our AG is going live this week in Zone 18. I placed a pre-order a few months ago as soon as it was available via Afrihost.
When MF had one of their pop-ups in the area I made a turn and a consultant took down my deets.

The same consultant got back to me yesterday and asked me if they could send me a payment link. From what I understand the link is for a voucher, I would prefer to have my order debited instead.

Just wanted to know which is the correct way to go about this. Do I pay via the payment link sent from MF or should I wait for my mail from Afrihost once we are live?
One other question, with regards to the debit order do I make an upfront payment or would I be charged pro-rata at the end of the month? I currently have a Rain 5G package and would prefer canceling this without incurring an immeditate additional cost for the Fibre line.
Paying via the link from MF is fine, just check with @AfriNatic

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Morning,

Please drop me a pm with your email so I can have a look at your order.

Nikkel

Expert Member

After all this time its eventually going live your side:)

Prim0

After all this time its eventually going live your side:)
Took so long. But it seems a few areas in Eastridge are still far away from going live thanks to a very popular Mitchells Plain group.

AfriNatic sorted me out and sent through a payment link. Hoping to go live soon.

capetownspur

Took so long. But it seems a few areas in Eastridge are still far away from going live thanks to a very popular Mitchells Plain group.

AfriNatic sorted me out and sent through a payment link. Hoping to go live soon.
So hopefully Zone 19 next?