Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Anyone else in Zone 4 experiencing slower than normal speeds now?

I'm on the 40Mbps VR line with AH.

1631652198761.png

Ace_92_sa

Hi do perhaps have a guide , steps to bridge the ont?
Vuma reach installed their device here in Atlantis . I'm able to access the ont. I want to use my own router. I'm not an IT person. Just want to use my own router. Any help would be appreciated.
You sorted?

Prim0

Howzit gents. They just finished up pulling through the cabling in the manhole today.

Any idea what the process is after this and the sort ETA from this to going live? Can't seem to get any sort of answer from VR.

Nikkel

Expert Member
Howzit gents. They just finished up pulling through the cabling in the manhole today.

Any idea what the process is after this and the sort ETA from this to going live? Can't seem to get any sort of answer from VR.
You looking at 2 or so weeks cos they still need to do testing...

ShakeelH

I doubt you will be able to get an installation date soon enough though. I would say you need carry on for another month at least and then look to start with fibre in November

davyb

I doubt you will be able to get an installation date soon enough though. I would say you need carry on for another month at least and then look to start with fibre in November
it was actually very quick for me, like the next day and for others like the following week

ShakeelH

it was actually very quick for me, like the next day and for others like the following week
Yoh that's nice. I waited very long. Like over a month after they had completed all construction and line testing.

davyb

Sorry faster fibre
Actually contacted them this morning with regards to this and the answer was the generic "maybe in the near future but not confirmed", I take the glass half full approach so I think this will happen soon.

ShakeelH

Actually contacted them this morning with regards to this and the answer was the generic "maybe in the near future but not confirmed", I take the glass half full approach so I think this will happen soon.
For what area did you query about?

Last edited: