Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

davyb

as a side note - since the disconnects last week Netflix on my one android box is showing an error NW-6-403. freaking annoying and no googling has been able to shed light on how to resolve it since. works fine on the same connection on my other android box and phones and browser - just the one litbox thats giving issues. any ideas. tried reinstalling - resetting router, cables etc.

That should give clarity

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Will seriously have to reconsider Afrihost as an ISP on VR if these dc issues continues. service otherwise has been superb besides the dc happening the past 2 weeks or so. is there any longer term solution @AfriNatic ?
Im frustrated as well. Its easy to move to another isp, but here is where im hesistant on.

My fear is that things will be good for a while, then something breaks down, and you scrambling to find support.

At least with Afrinatic, one can get in touch with him anytime. I value good support, but doesn't mean the end product should be lacking.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
But you are going to telkom , haha
If Openserve can provide faster speeds as an FNO, im happy to stay with AH as an isp. I still think alot of issues is partly to blame with Vuma as well, and not necessarily just with the isp.

nad_isa

Im frustrated as well. Its easy to move to another isp, but here is where im hesistant on.

My fear is that things will be good for a while, then something breaks down, and you scrambling to find support.

At least with Afrinatic, one can get in touch with him anytime. I value good support, but doesn't mean the end product should be lacking.

feel the same. service with Afrihost and through @AfriNatic has been superb. will wait for some more feedback. but yeh, product should be stable as a number 1.

Ravenhash

I'm sorry to say but this Fiber is a joke, service is getting worse everyday, dropping more and more. Kids are so scared to attempt exams as they getting timed out and UWC Portal recording disconnects. We need alternate to this Vuma Reach crap.

abs1

This is becoming a **** show of note, I only had about 5 disconnects on Telkom LTE unlimited over the span of 5 years. @AfriNatic this is becoming a serious issue now for those that work from home.

We cant afford to randomly have these disconnections. The timing couldn't be better as we under taking one of the biggest migrations in 20 years at our work place. I have already been disconnected from three meetings since this morning.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
This is becoming a **** show of note, I only had about 5 disconnects on Telkom LTE unlimited over the span of 5 years. @AfriNatic this is becoming a serious issue now for those that work from home.

We cant afford to randomly have these disconnections. The timing couldn't be better as we under taking one of the biggest migrations in 20 years at our work place. I have already been disconnected from three meetings since this morning.

Hi,

I agree that it's unacceptable. I can assure you we not taking this lightly and really trying to find a permanent fix to the issue. It's not only affecting Vuma Reach clients but Frogfoot and Octotel clients are completely down as they are unable to get a DHCP lease.

As soon as I have more info I will post. Apologies for the issues experienced.

Ravenhash

Hi,

I agree that it's unacceptable. I can assure you we not taking this lightly and really trying to find a permanent fix to the issue. It's not only affecting Vuma Reach clients but Frogfoot and Octotel clients are completely down as they are unable to get a DHCP lease.

Please @AfriNatic with all the online exams and working from home this service being unreliable if having huge repercussions.
We really need an alternate solution, colleagues of mine using Vumatel have no issues. I really hope @Frogfoot Fibre sees the opportunity and capitalize.

Nikkel

Expert Member
as a side note - since the disconnects last week Netflix on my one android box is showing an error NW-6-403. freaking annoying and no googling has been able to shed light on how to resolve it since. works fine on the same connection on my other android box and phones and browser - just the one litbox thats giving issues. any ideas. tried reinstalling - resetting router, cables etc.
Yes Telkom LIT box made by SDMC, Tested this on all 3 of my Lit Boxes.
This is what i have done:

Just to add: The addon for KODI is the CastagnaIT add-on you can get from GitHub

So after kodi 19 is installed with the Netflix add-on successfully installed go to the Netflix add-on open it up
Go to add-on settings
Change to Expert mode
Go down to Expert
Scroll to ESN / Widevine settings and open
Click reset and the ESN will appear
Click on Change ESN
Change the NFANDROID2 to NFANDROID1 leave the rest and click OK
Make sure Widevine is on Disabled this will leave it on L1
Click Apply changes
and ok

Try playing a video on the add-on

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Hi,

Would this be part of the reason i got a " no ip allocation" error when trying to connect to wifi?

CapoPlays

But apart of the issue i had regards to support cisp is good but @AfriNatic i miss you lmao if openserve ever come to mitchells plain ill jump to Afrihost