Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

abs1

This seems legit in a way, but what a kak setup we have here bois. Starting to see the cracks in this "low cost area" solution. The attitude towards VR is - ", you're paying less for a best effort service so you cannot complain"
As the saying goes "you get what you pay for", had to switch over to LTE for stability.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Please note clients affected by an outage in Lotus River with Network incident NWI-6639

This NWI is currently on hold as we are waiting for City of Cape Town to repair high voltage cables before we can attend to repair work.
Our Area Manager followed up with COCT this morning and they are unable to provide us with an ETA.
Kind Regards,

CapoPlays

Also just had dc's for a while after loadshedding. I can't do this anymore. Gonna preorder on OS with another ISP, when things get better I'll get back on the Afrihost bandwagon.
On OS Ah is great, its vuma reach, remember isps have little control over network Vuma manages most of the network unlike OS, thats why isps having kak atm

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
On OS Ah is great, its vuma reach, remember isps have little control over network Vuma manages most of the network unlike OS, thats why isps having kak atm

Ja, but I'd like definitive confirmation on this please @AfriNatic
If I go to Openserve, will I experience the same disconnection issues as we're having now on Vuma Reach?

If no, then I'd be happy to preorder with Afrihost.

Because I saw Telkom Fibre Gazebos up yesterday in Bayview and they were there to recruit and sign up people.
So the area is going Live soon.

Last edited:

jdido87

Expert Member
JA, but I'd like definitive confirmation on this please @AfriNatic
If I go to Openserve, will I experience the same disconnection issues as we're having now on Vuma Reach?

If no, then I'd be happy to preorder with Afrihost.

Because I saw Telkom Fibre Gazebos up yesterday in Bayview and they were there to recruit and sign up people.
So the area is going Live soon.
I am with AH on OS your guys' issues are foreign to me. Never been down once in over a year.

nad_isa

we only have VR in GP so will have to wait for OS to come to the rescue..service is great when its up but last 3 weeks have been bad.

@AfriNatic - what is the ETA on the permanent fix - i know you mentioned it is complicated but what are we looking at? This will give us an indication on how long this will go on and stop bitching and moaning on here everytime there is a dc.

CapoPlays

We had a break at tower 1, where tower 2 short circuited, causing tower 3 to cut out. Our engineers are looking at tower 4 as a back up solution.
Thanks for the update, idk why you guys use tower 3 and 2 might aswel connect straight to tower 4 and sell tower 2 and 3 to openserve so they can supply tv services, person is tired of dstv

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Thanks for the update, idk why you guys use tower 3 and 2 might aswel connect straight to touwer 4 and sell tower 2 and 3 to openserve so they can supply tv services, person is tired of dstv
Apologies for the inconvenience... Our engineers have informed me that due to the towers failing, that we might have fibre loadshedding today between 3pm and 9pm.