Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Ace_92_sa

Meanwhile they giving Chatsworth free upgrdes, while we continue to suffer with these drops.. i love Afrihost, but at this rate, i love my job more. So if this continues, im going to try my hand at another isp.
Agreed 100% @Afrinic should we rather log faults each time there's a dip to be taken seriously?

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Agreed 100% @Afrinic should we rather log faults each time there's a dip to be taken seriously?
Im honestly annoyed and angry at this. Vuma can do speed upgrades in an area that's only recently been getting fibre, but Vuma and Afrihost cant stabilise the network issues on this side. Its been weeks and weeks with these intermittent drops in connections, and some of us are getting bad looks at work now, because of constant issues..

capetownspur

Meanwhile they giving Chatsworth free upgrdes, while we continue to suffer with these drops.. i love Afrihost, but at this rate, i love my job more. So if this continues, im going to try my hand at another isp.
Same here. poor @AfriNatic feel for you mate, but this can't go on. On a separate note, can't wait for the next mail from Gian, hey Gian, are you there mate. FFS.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Same here. poor @AfriNatic feel for you mate, but this can't go on. On a separate note, can't wait for the next mail from Gian, hey Gian, are you there mate. FFS.
Agree, no issues with Afrinatic, been awesome. But this drops for a few seconds, minutes, then up again is becoming a real issue now.

Ace_92_sa

Im honestly annoyed and angry at this. Vuma can do speed upgrades in an area that's only recently been getting fibre, but Vuma and Afrihost cant stabilise the network issues on this side. Its been weeks and weeks with these intermittent drops in connections, and some of us are getting bad looks at work now, because of constant issues..
I wouldn't be excited for that increase in throughput since it ain't stable, I'd rather take a drop in speed if that means stability increases.

Also really not sure why I've being tryna mention Afrinic instead of @AfriNatic

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I wouldn't be excited for that increase in throughput since it ain't stable, I'd rather take a drop in speed if that means stability increases.

I said above, that right now im going to just downgrade to 20 again.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Hi,

Do you have a pingplotter for me to send to Noc team?

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Jumping ship sounds like a better idea.
Not sure that is what is needed. Just needs Vuma and/or Afrihost to fix whatever it is causing these disconnects. I've never experienced so many issues on adsl in over 10 years with Open Serve, and generally Telkom/Openserve were normally giving us grey hairs at time.

Ace_92_sa

Not sure that is what is needed. Just needs Vuma and/or Afrihost to fix whatever it is causing these disconnects. I've never experienced so many issues on adsl in over 10 years with Open Serve, and generally Telkom/Openserve were normally giving us grey hairs at time.
But how long will it take them to resolve this since it doesn't seem like they are always aware of the problem and if they are aware the issue gets resolved on their notice board without actually finding the root cause and really resolving it, there's always a temp fix which, well is tempory - this has been going on for weeks now.

abs1

Hi,

Do you have a pingplotter for me to send to Noc team?
You do understand the issue is widespread, the same users cant be reporting the same disconnects daily ?.

You do also realise there is a pattern to these disconnects, mornings and evenings.

I honestly feel like this is being handled like isolated incidents and I encourage you folks to rather start logging these as faults every time it happens.

CapoPlays

AH doesnt have this much issues on other FNOs i think we need to help ourselves

Go onto Openserve website and show interest have your friends and family even if they don't use fibre show interest so we can get openserve to consider deployment next year, telkom running 50/25 for R699 isnt that beautiful

jdido87

Expert Member