Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Ace_92_sa

Morning,

I don't see any communication from Noc about an issue last night. I have asked for feedback on any drops.
Are your NOC just monitoring traffic levels on the NNI or how are they actually "monitoring/investigating" this issue? I logged a ticket with support last night and their response was atrocious, I even linked this forum for detailed info but clearly they ignored it and simply asked for a wired speedtest...

"Apologies for the inconvenience experienced on your end.

I have closed current connection, disconnected the data connections, kindly try to reboot your router & ONT/Fibre box by unplugging it from the power for 10-15 minutes to do a power cycle.

This should refresh your connection.

Also, please try to minimize the number of devices connected wireless to lessen the constrain on bandwidth.

After rebooting, please see link below to help perform speeds tests and send me screenshots of the results.
https://help.afrihost.com/topic/fibre-broadband/slow-speeds"

capetownspur

Are your NOC just monitoring traffic levels on the NNI or how are they actually "monitoring/investigating" this issue? I logged a ticket with support last night and their response was atrocious, I even linked this forum for detailed info but clearly they ignored it and simply asked for a wired speedtest...

"Apologies for the inconvenience experienced on your end.

I have closed current connection, disconnected the data connections, kindly try to reboot your router & ONT/Fibre box by unplugging it from the power for 10-15 minutes to do a power cycle.

This should refresh your connection.

Also, please try to minimize the number of devices connected wireless to lessen the constrain on bandwidth.

After rebooting, please see link below to help perform speeds tests and send me screenshots of the results.
https://help.afrihost.com/topic/fibre-broadband/slow-speeds"
Sadly this is what i got too.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Ace_92_sa

Hi,

That MTR shows an issue starting right at the gateway. Usually we log faults for these issues as it's not related to the CPT issues we are facing.
All AH users in this thread are experiencing exactly the same issue, well I know I am as my screenshots above indicated it as well - the next hop dies for a few minutes then restores, that would indicate something on your access router since CISP aren't having the same issue so it isn't the last mile to Teraco.

Felixbf1980

How is everyone's speed on Afrihost.? I am getting no higher than 8Mbps for a 40Mbps line for two weeks.

moondoggie86

Hi @AfriNatic ,

Thanks for the willingness to always help. My connection is up again for the past few minutes. I only installed PingPlotter now (and latency is green) so as soon as there's a drop again I'll provide the PingPlotter screen shot.

I've logged a ticket as well this morning.