Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Dar-Nexus

@AfriNatic may show normal on your side, but all of us are experiencing the problem.

I am moving ISP's as soon as I can. Where I can get the service I pay for.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic may show normal on your side, but all of us are experiencing the problem.

I am moving ISP's as soon as I can. Where I can get the service I pay for.

We have been having issues in CPT. We are trying our best to make sure that it doesn't happen again but it's a complex issue. Right now there isn't any issues and if you are experiencing a drop now it might not be related to the issues we are facing in CPT.

Frankenstein51

Well, downgraded my line down to 20mb, next step will be to jump ship to cool/mweb or supersonic, not holding AN responsible but this short constant outages is ridiculous from AH and there seems to be no solution.
AN thanks again for all your hard work here.

Last edited:

Ace_92_sa

Who are they? Never heard of them. I guess they a separate entity from Vumareach. Do they pull a new fibre in, since reach is not an open concept
Was joking along with that oke, they're not on the VR network so not an option - I don't even who they are tbh. We might have Openserve in a few months/years available, well that's if enough interest is gained in our areas.

Ace_92_sa

Well, downgraded my line down to 20mb, next step will be to jump ship to cool/mweb or supersonic, not holding AN responsible but this short constant outages is ridiculous from AH and there seems to be no solution.
AN thanks again for all your hard work here.
The only other option I see is CISP. Mweb, Supersonic and WebAfrica are soooo crap when it comes to after-sale support it's non existent - you might as well cancel fibre and rely on LTE if thinking about those ISPs.

CapoPlays

The only other option I see is CISP. Mweb, Supersonic and WebAfrica are soooo crap when it comes to after-sale support it's non existent - you might as well cancel fibre and rely on LTE if thinking about those ISPs.
You can say that again, but coolideas isnt bad with AS Support, but then again im not just a normal user i TS my own connection and log through coolzone and then their L1 L2 L3 support calls and then i speak to someone on AN calibre knowm as the fibre manager lmao almost like mortal combat you go through levels before you reach final boss

KS17

You can say that again, but coolideas isnt bad with AS Support, but then again im not just a normal user i TS my own connection and log through coolzone and then their L1 L2 L3 support calls and then i speak to someone on AN calibre knowm as the fibre manager lmao almost like mortal combat you go through levels before you reach final boss
Do they still use the vouchers?

CT_Red

go here https://vumatel.co.za/ enter your address and see we have other options in terms of ISPs … Vodacom, Home Connect, Fly Cool (seems like Supersonic with the MTN backbone)

Ace_92_sa

go here https://vumatel.co.za/ enter your address and see we have other options in terms of ISPs … Vodacom, Home Connect, Fly Cool (seems like Supersonic with the MTN backbone)
Yeah I've seen all of the available ISPs on the VR network and I'd only recommend two of the lot since I've actually tested their networks and seen their support matrix. The other 5 I'd advise people to stay clear of.

CapoPlays

I heard fly cool is a 1 man isp he’s the ceo support provisioning And level 2 faults NOC and a technician man cant afford employees and has 4 customers

Nikkel

Expert Member
Yeah got much better after 7pm last night... little blips here n there but nothing major like the past 2 weeks...

Now for some uninterrupted music streaming and n hele paar cold ones!

Dankie @AfriNatic hope it stays this way!

Next on the agenda: When can we expect the same courtesy as our Durban counterparts?:unsure: something that rhymes with double:sneaky:

Jaseyyxx

Yeah got much better after 7pm last night... little blips here n there but nothing major like the past 2 weeks...

Next on the agenda: When can we expect the same courtesy as our Durban counterparts?:unsure: something that rhymes with double:sneaky:
I have a hunch they constructed the KZN network with higher speeds in mind so they probably have a beefier backhaul link and maybe a 32 split instead of 64. So theyd need to upgrade the networks in CPT. @AfriNatic can confirm if my speculation is correct or not

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master

Did you tell the people, you have been drunk for the last 3 weeks, and thats why you thought the internet was bad?