Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Frankenstein51

go here https://vumatel.co.za/ enter your address and see we have other options in terms of ISPs … Vodacom, Home Connect, Fly Cool (seems like Supersonic with the MTN backbone)
Weird, just checked cisp and they're asking 429 for a 20m line hopefully their issues are sorted wrt last time i was with them, they refused to release my line and i struggled to switch over to AH, that memory still fresh in my mind, had to fight for over a month with them to release my line, even on a pre paid line

CT_Red

Weird, just checked cisp and they're asking 429 for a 20m line hopefully their issues are sorted wrt last time i was with them, they refused to release my line and i struggled to switch over to AH, that memory still fresh in my mind, had to fight for over a month with them to release my line, even on a pre paid line
went through the same thing but I mailed/called them every day so they released my line after a week.

8mat

Hi guys. Is there a way to reset the admin username and password on these white Huawei routers?

8mat

Yes you can... logon to router
admin: Epuser
pass: userEp or UserEp
Thanks Nikkel. The password was previously changed from userEp to something else. Is there a way to reset the password back to userEp?

Nikkel

Expert Member
Thanks Nikkel. The password was previously changed from userEp to something else. Is there a way to reset the password back to userEp?
Do you know what the current password is? If so you can change it back to userEp

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Nope unfortunately not. Password was changed and now no one can log in. @AfriNatic could the login credentials be reset remotely?

Hi,

You can reset the the ONT but it might lose it's provisioning which might require us to log a ticket for that.

8mat

Hi,

You can reset the the ONT but it might lose it's provisioning which might require us to log a ticket for that.
Aaah that's a pity. And there is no way that you guys could remotely configure a port forward without me having to manually log in to the ONT? I want to do a port forward at a colleague of mine but he forgot his ONT admin password. I guess he will have to reset the ONT and have it provisioned again.

Hi,

"...but it might..."

I love how this part seems to remain a mystery.

I was wondering about this a little while back, luckily I remembered the password though.

Anybody actually reset their device as yet?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Aaah that's a pity. And there is no way that you guys could remotely configure a port forward without me having to manually log in to the ONT? I want to do a port forward at a colleague of mine but he forgot his ONT admin password. I guess he will have to reset the ONT and have it provisioned again.

Unfortunately we can't even if we could login to the ONT remotely because most ONTs have the remote management on we would still require the username and password.