Network Incident Grade:Major
Region Affected:Cape Town
Area/s Affected:
  • Mitchells Plain
Network Type Affected:GPON
Current Resident Impact:Residents have no connectivity
Current Network Incident Status:Technicians are still investigating

abs1

Why would they? It makes no sense most people don't need anything above 50 symmetrical product? Most people in MP are not going to sign up let along manage the payments, I worked at WA for a short stint and it was clear that financially offering more expensive products would be a waste. A lot of people wont bother swopping and I would wager majority will not want to pay R900+ or more for faster speeds
Yoh bruh, this statement is so deluded its incomprehensible. There are so many individuals in our communities that's taking advantage of having an online presence to further their business, online learning etc ambitions. To conclude that anything over 50Mbs is a waste clearly indicates your lack of intuition and foresight.

Communities like Mitchell's Plain etc has always been disadvantaged because of this type of stereotypical sentiment. Things are moving along and this paradigm shift has been hasted due to Covid. As the saying goes "adapt or die". You are entitled to your opinion but please don't make as if you speak for everyone in MP.

davyb

Yoh bruh, this statement is so deluded its incomprehensible. There are so many individuals in our communities that's taking advantage of having an online presence to further their business, online learning etc ambitions. To conclude that anything over 50Mbs is a waste clearly indicates your lack of intuition and foresight.

Communities like Mitchell's Plain etc has always been disadvantaged because of this type of stereotypical sentiment. Things are moving along and this paradigm shift has been hasted due to Covid. As the saying goes "adapt or die". You are entitled to your opinion but please don't make as if you speak for everyone in MP.
He said "most people"and unfortunately I agree. I might be the few that would take more speed the reality is that most users would be on the 20 Mbps package just because it is the lowest offer available. Don't feel offended but rather take a look yourself and really observe the uptake of the Vuma reach in your area. Luckily this is actually a good thing for higher speed packages because the factor of network capacity wont be a issue.