Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Double.D

weird thing which I saw, when tracing out to the net - my next-hop (ONT) was dropping me packets which normally works since I am physically connected to it, usually traffic would fall at the OLT level and I find that baie weird.
I am not sure if anyone can help me. With a 100 Meg line my main vumatel router download speed test over wifi is 40 megs or under.
The upload speed however is 50 megs.

My secondary repeater router however runs at 90+ megs?

Is it because the vumatel router can only push out so much?

CapoPlays

I am not sure if anyone can help me. With a 100 Meg line my main vumatel router download speed test over wifi is 40 megs or under.
The upload speed however is 50 megs.

My secondary repeater router however runs at 90+ megs?

Is it because the vumatel router can only push out so much?
no sir its because of 2.4ghz performs at lower rate but longer distance and easily interfered thats a short answer

devil's_child

Anyone else having fibre issues since load shedding last night?
Mine has been flashing the LOS light since 8pm

Frankenstein51

My weird issue i had last night, my tv couldn't connect to the internet via lan or wifi, all other devices were fine connecting, used the lan cable on laptop to confirm it's working, did the self diagnosis on tv and got a message my isp was blocking the tv feom connecting to the internet, used my phone as hotspot and tv immediately connected to the internet, it has since resolved itself though.

nad_isa

Was no issues in Grassy Park.

But I have installed openserve 100/50 line now as they have gone live recently, so will be decomming the VumaReach line, hopefully it will be more stable.

ShakeelH

Was no issues in Grassy Park.

But I have installed openserve 100/50 line now as they have gone live recently, so will be decomming the VumaReach line, hopefully it will be more stable.
Do you mind sharing what their pricing model is?

Frankenstein51

I don't see a price drop in the near future
Gents what's this about, seems it's cheaper for the 100mb line??
9d7ed79b12b1f765261c0168c62b546a.jpg