Vuma Reach Fibre - Mitchell's Plain/Strandfontein

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Nope . BUT trying to get as much people in Lentegeur to show interest so that they come this side sooner
No contact details on their website, no option to show interest on their website. In fact, I argued the fact that when this initial rollout was announced, nowhere did it say that people should show interest. So some of the things they doing are a bit weird in terms of how they are marketing this

mandana

Expert Member
"So some of the things they doing are a bit weird in terms of how they are marketing this "

I don't think they are, they seem to be relying on word of mouth and Facebook for this. There was 1 poster up in the Portlands area that I saw, a few mentions on "Waar brandit inni Plain" and that's it.

I asked questions regarding advertising, (I have seen nothing in the Plainsman) asked about presence on MBB, asked about Instagram or Twitter and there is nothing. You can't even register interest on the website.

These people can go in an dominate the fibre market in MP but they not advertising enough.

Last edited:

Nikkel

Expert Member
"So some of the things they doing are a bit weird in terms of how they are marketing this "

I don't think they are, they seem to be relying on word of mouth and Facebook for this. There was 1 poster up in the Portlands area that I saw, a few mentions on "Waar brandit inni Plain" and that's it.

I asked questions regarding advertising, (I have seen nothing in the Plainsman) asked about presence on MBB, asked about Instagram or Twitter and there is nothing. You can't even register interest on the website.

These people can go in an dominate the fibre market in MP but they not advertising enough.
I also think they don't want to make too much of a noise just yet until more sites/zones go live... Its frustrating looking at something you crave in a glass case set to open on a secret date:ROFL:

Cables and ducts being put in place in our road... So patiently waiting...
ebf83a927789c3a8d12564db89d957bc.jpg
1e39d7be90b9e18a249aca7f9fe63061.jpg

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I also think they don't want to make too much of a noise just yet until more sites/zones go live... Its frustrating looking at something you crave in a glass case set to open on a secret date:ROFL:

Ek se wag man! Lol

jdido87

Expert Member

did they do the trenching yet?

Nikkel

Expert Member
did they do the trenching yet?
No yet... I think they just putting everything in place for trenching which will most probably start next week sometime... can't follow progress so leka... so take a few pics in the morning before I leave for work

jdido87

Expert Member
Hulle dra nogal knowledge van fibre and know its not worth anything to them:ROFL:
Then it must have been rookies that were responsible for the vandalism lol. Gee daai goed nog tik laat hulle kan wys raak

jdido87

Expert Member
Jy wil mos he hulle moet op n 1Gbps high wees:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
N@@i man ek wil he die data moet baie gou transfer na hulle brains toe dat daar niks benefit om die goed te steel nie. Jy gaan nog altyd daai een proes kry.