Vuma Reach Phoenix Thread

Spontaneous spinach

Expert Member
fingers crossed, hopefully soon. I saw a few guys from vuma outside my premises on saturday and they said that the splitter nearby my house had to be replaced which was meant to happen on monday. hoping thats sorted out
I had my dates all mixed up hahahaha my installation is tomorrow so I'll confirm if its all good

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
I see trenching in Eastbury, wonder if Brookdale has been completed in that regard or if both are in progress.

Also although this may be more ISP specific, often does the IP address renew? Anyone made a request for a static IP on these Reach packages? Are the ports open, or blocked by ISP? ISP router locked?

Last edited:

MK_Ultra

Hi, I would like to know when Vuma will be coming to Stonebridge, Phoenix? We desperately need fibre in our area. We have a school, a public library, a Department of Health clinic, and many residents that are currently on expensive LTE. Currently I am using three internet options. I have Rain LTE, R250, Telkom LTE, R199 for 30gb, and Telkom ADSL, 4mbps, R302 + landline R200. The reason I have three is that I need fallback options and uncapped for large PS4 and PC game updates and installations. We also use data for streaming. These options are more expensive than a single fibre option. When can we expect uncapped fibre to be rolled out in Stonebridge? Thanks.

Fox1

Executive Member
Hi, I would like to know when Vuma will be coming to Stonebridge, Phoenix? We desperately need fibre in our area. We have a school, a public library, a Department of Health clinic, and many residents that are currently on expensive LTE. Currently I am using three internet options. I have Rain LTE, R250, Telkom LTE, R199 for 30gb, and Telkom ADSL, 4mbps, R302 + landline R200. The reason I have three is that I need fallback options and uncapped for large PS4 and PC game updates and installations. We also use data for streaming. These options are more expensive than a single fibre option. When can we expect uncapped fibre to be rolled out in Stonebridge? Thanks.
You can check with 123Net for microwave fibre. That's what my peeps in Greenbury are using. R599 for 20mbps that's constantly at that speed https://123net.co.za/en/

ADrunkTeddyBear

Expert Member
I see trenching in Eastbury, wonder if Brookdale has been completed in that regard or if both are in progress.

Also although this may be more ISP specific, often does the IP address renew? Anyone made a request for a static IP on these Reach packages? Are the ports open, or blocked by ISP? ISP router locked?
Hey there man. IP addresses dont often change, unless you restart your router.

You cant really get static IP addresses now days especially with the shortage of IPv4 addresses in the Africa region. AFAIK ports are open and I can port forward ports for gaming.

Some ISP's if not all make use of a cgnat but they can assign you to a public IP if you request it.

The router isnt locked like Vox's solution. The login details are under the ONT/Router

ADrunkTeddyBear

Expert Member
123net microwave or Supersonic Uncapped LTE. I was getting around 100-150mbps on Supersonic before I got fibre

Fox1

Executive Member
You can also check with Telkom for DSL Home Lite 10mbps. I had the premium version of that and it was good value for R699pm which included landline and uncapped Internet.

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
You cant really get static IP addresses now days especially with the shortage of IPv4 addresses in the Africa region. AFAIK ports are open and I can port forward ports for gaming.

Some ISP's if not all make use of a cgnat but they can assign you to a public IP if you request it.
At work we are with a WISP and I am hosting some TB of data and our WISP has provided us with a static IP 4 years ago. They have grown oversubscribed (upload speeds under 0.18Mbs) and I know that for sure because during the last loadshedding when Phoenix was out the speeds went to 8.xMb/s in that 2 hour window. 0.18Mb/s is impossibly bad.

At home my WISP is around 8.8Mb/s pointed to Verulam tower, so I am making it work with a ddns provider inbetween with my home router IP that does not change that often. My knowledge is fuzzy on cgnat at best, I know at some point Telkom mobile was unusable due to this. I have not tested other mobile providers.

ADrunkTeddyBear

Expert Member
At work we are with a WISP and I am hosting some TB of data and our WISP has provided us with a static IP 4 years ago. They have grown oversubscribed (upload speeds under 0.18Mbs) and I know that for sure because during the last loadshedding when Phoenix was out the speeds went to 8.xMb/s in that 2 hour window. 0.18Mb/s is impossibly bad.

At home my WISP is around 8.8Mb/s pointed to Verulam tower, so I am making it work with a ddns provider inbetween with my home router IP that does not change that often. My knowledge is fuzzy on cgnat at best, I know at some point Telkom mobile was unusable due to this. I have not tested other mobile providers.
Ahh okay. Which DDNS provider you are using? Im currently using no-ip as they give you hostnames for free that last 30 days.

i have no issues with Afrihost as well