Vuma Reach Phoenix Thread

ADrunkTeddyBear

@ADrunkTeddyBear hey if you're at home can you please try this site?
I'm getting this error:
403 Forbidden

WHAT? Why am I seeing this?

Your access to this site was blocked by Wordfence, a security provider, who protects sites from malicious activity.

If you believe Wordfence should be allowing you access to this site, please let them know using the steps below so they can investigate why this is happening.

Doesnt seem to happen using a VPN or mobile data, @AfriNatic
Looks like someone was getting up to some nonsense on Afrihost'ss network.

Just turn off your ONT for 5 mins so it gets a new IP from Afrihost.

Afrinatic and co should need to cool down that IP address before its handed out again though

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@ADrunkTeddyBear hey if you're at home can you please try this site?
I'm getting this error:
403 Forbidden

WHAT? Why am I seeing this?

Your access to this site was blocked by Wordfence, a security provider, who protects sites from malicious activity.

If you believe Wordfence should be allowing you access to this site, please let them know using the steps below so they can investigate why this is happening.

Doesnt seem to happen using a VPN or mobile data, @AfriNatic

It might be the shared public IP that has been flagged. Cloudflare clear those after a couple of days and we can't delist them unfortunately.

ADrunkTeddyBear

Check your emails. Vuma sent out a survey and one of the questions are asking if we would like higher speeds
6a335fe07428de3565fe52f28423b867.jpg

byronsn

Update:
On my way home yesterday I checked the VUMA tech guys doing their testing at various points along Northcroft drive. I'm hoping that this means install will be starting shortly.

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
1mbps? In 2021? Not even feasible to do an install at that rate imo.

yeah 1mbps would drive you insane, rather they offer a 10mbps package priced somewhere between 229 and 279 would be nice for entry level

Jaseyyxx

yeah 1mbps would drive you insane, rather they offer a 10mbps package priced somewhere between 229 and 279 would be nice for entry level
That would be a good option yes, I remember vuma had this thing back in the day where youd pay 3000 for install fees and get unlimited interner at 4mbps symmetrical.

Jaseyyxx

Openserve is launching there own version of reach and they're targeting certain reach areas. Speeds of 10/5 and 20/10.
Yessir, but unlike with reach you can also get their higher speeds. So if you choose web connect ( the cheap one ) you can change it to fibre connect ( the one with 500mbps max ) at a later date. I sure hope openserve comes to my side of Mplain, for now theyre only in Strandfontein and Colorado

Spontaneous spinach

Expert Member
Yessir, but unlike with reach you can also get their higher speeds. So if you choose web connect ( the cheap one ) you can change it to fibre connect ( the one with 500mbps max ) at a later date. I sure hope openserve comes to my side of Mplain, for now theyre only in Strandfontein and Colorado
We need this and we got the infrastructure in Phoenix, all our Telkom telephone poles are still in excellent condition.

Reactions: Yuu