Vuma Reach Phoenix Thread

ADrunkTeddyBear

Expert Member
What I'm greeted with when connecting to a router that's connected via WAN
1d7406f53524002a1b98764940b92cc8.jpg

Fox1

Executive Member
It's been happening regularly on my side for the past week and it's mostly in the morning.

byronsn

Scheduled for install on Thursday morning. Heres to hoping they show up and that theres no issues. Anything that I should be aware of/looking out for?

Reactions: Yuu

callen

Scheduled for install on Thursday morning. Heres to hoping they show up and that theres no issues. Anything that I should be aware of/looking out for?
I also got mine scheduled for Thursday morning.

Reactions: Yuu

ragnarrok

Will everything be activated sometime after that appointment or does another team have to appear on premises to do more work?

ragnarrok

2 teams.

1st team runs the cable to where you need the ONT.

2nd splicing team comes and splices the cable to the junction box and to your ONT
Ah thanks! Will this happen on the same day, or different day?

Or does this depend on my luck lol

callen

So the guys came to install now.

They saying they only provide conduit for the first 5m and everything else I need to pay for, is that the norm?

fringe

So the guys came to install now.

They saying they only provide conduit for the first 5m and everything else I need to pay for, is that the norm?
Pretty sure that 30m is included in the free installation but this might also depend on the ISP. You should ask them to show you the form that you need to sign after they complete the install as the details are outlined there.

callen

Pretty sure that 30m is included in the free installation but this might also depend on the ISP. You should ask them to show you the form that you need to sign after they complete the install as the details are outlined there.
Thanks will check on the form. The ISP is with Afrihost.

davyb

Pretty sure that 30m is included in the free installation but this might also depend on the ISP. You should ask them to show you the form that you need to sign after they complete the install as the details are out
Here in Cape Town the installer comes with a 30m optical fly lead and that is where the 30m install comes in. It makes no sense for 5m as that wont even reach your house. Check on Vumatel's site as they do indicate installation distance