Vuma Reach Phoenix Thread

CxJx2011

The majority of the upgrades have been completed. The remaining links will be upgraded after 9pm tonight. All should be upgraded by tomorrow Friday 22nd.

The POC changed a bit for the initial values.

20/10 >> 30/20
40/10 >> 80/20

All portals, invoices and speeds will still show the current speeds of 20/10 and 40/10 but the speeds will be upgraded until 31 March 2022.
Is this only in KZN?

wingnut771

Honorary Master
when is Netflix time? All the time? Netflix max per view on a 4K stream is 16mbps (most people are probably on lower packages so they will be around 8-9 mbps
In the evenings when most people are infront of their tv's.
*disclaimer: has nothing to do with netflix.

Reactions: Yuu

CxJx2011

In the evenings when most people are infront of their tv's.
*disclaimer: has nothing to do with netflix.
I was just stating Netflix wouldnt be best test, assuming these speeds are within the spec of the network capacity

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I was just stating Netflix wouldnt be best test, assuming these speeds are within the spec of the network capacity
I wasn't referring to netflix as the test. I was saying "netflix time" is when it's peak data usage, whether its torrents, game downloads, streaming or whatever, it's when everyone is at home doing the internet, so if there is no congestion then, you're good to go.

CxJx2011

Surely Vumatel owe us - in the Western Cape- big time. so sort out these current issues and get us, our increased speed options. Tout Suite.
Given the current, state if the network in the Western Cape I don't think placing it under maximum strain will help. This is how betas work and also if they just completed these networks I bet it was just designed better

Nikkel

Expert Member
Connection was better last night... little drop outs here n there but not as bad as the past 2 weeks...

Any progress on your issues @AfriNatic ?