Vumacam’s ‘hundreds of thousands of cameras’ will be watching you

George Netherby

Expert Member
Strange how the anti-cammers are also anti-vaxxers, anti-abortionists and anti-everything else.

They'll also be the first to whine about crime, whine about gender choices, whine about vegans, whine about abortion, whine whine whine.

Biggest bunch of whiners, who expect everyone else to do something instead of getting up off their lazy arses. Freedom is everything, but only when it's theirs. They couldn't give a toss about anyone else's freedom.

Who would have thought that the KKK would turn into such crybabies when they can't get their way. What happened to the days when they had balls and burned crosses...
Step away from the crack pipe.

crocopede

Expert Member
Us bosvelders miss out on all the fun. Whos going to protect us? Who is going to masterbate to us rural people if they only watching the cities?

Its not fair i tell you.

s0lar

Expert Member
Do you understand the onus of the burden of proof? The onus is upon the person that makes the claim to supply evidence and proof for their claim. The burden does not lie on the others to disprove the claim.
If the claim is only based on the lack of mutual proof there is turn no claim to be made or challenged as there is no proof for or against.

i.e the argument is moot.

Gyre

Expert Member
if a camera cannot stop a crime It.just.can't.
if a vaccine cannot stop a disease Not Covid19, it doesn't
This is
common sense.

FTFY

A camera is a camera, not a police officer. It assists in monitoring, and just like an alarm it serves a purpose.

Supervan II

Expert Member
A camera is a camera, not a police officer. It assists in monitoring, and just like an alarm it serves a purpose.
No sheet?!
Strange how the anti-cammers are also anti-vaxxers, anti-abortionists and anti-everything else.

They'll also be the first to whine about crime, whine about gender choices, whine about vegans, whine about abortion, whine whine whine.

Biggest bunch of whiners, who expect everyone else to do something instead of getting up off their lazy arses. Freedom is everything, but only when it's theirs. They couldn't give a toss about anyone else's freedom.

Who would have thought that the KKK would turn into such crybabies when they can't get their way. What happened to the days when they had balls and burned crosses...

held-a-for-too-long

surface

Honorary Master
I have no objection to the cameras but came across this old article in UK. I am not sure if this is just one outlier opinion or the general consensus. One can have unlimited amount of photo/video evidence but ultimately it will come to "How/If police will use it to track the criminals". There must be ton of evidence against Zuptas but that is of no use unless NPA actively prosecutes.

Last edited:

mojoman

Last CCTV camera footage I got of my uninvited guest scored him two years in chookie from the magistrate (shame, his 'ducking' under the camera did not help him...he needed a decent invisibility cloak or some magik muti)
Not much but without that footage he would have been home free...Guy probably plead guilty because I was showing everyone in court the video on my laptop (I did the same down in the kasi where he lives, let his neighbours know what a thieving twat he is!)... :laugh:

I know it feels like its a privacy issue but once you have been robbed a good few times, a camera can certainly help catch and prosecute the fkrs....

Gyre

Expert Member
I have no objection to the cameras but came across this old article in UK. I am not sure if this is just one outlier opinion or is the general consensus. One can have unlimited amount of photo/video evidence but ultimately it will come to "How/If police will use it to track the criminals". There must be ton of evidence against Zuptas but that is of no use unless NPA actively prosecutes.

How many are solved without cameras? How many big cases in the news have had actual damning video footage of the perpetrators?

I never claimed that CCTVs were the solution to crime, but there are massive amounts of CCTV footage on Youtube alone catching hijackings, burglaries, murders, assaults, etc. Video footage serves as actual evidence, so much that russians drive with dashcams just to avoid fraudulent accident claims from people that dive in front of cars.

It's also perfectly fine for people to criticize CCTVs and their shortcomings, but nbody has offered a counter to them or why people's privacy is being violated - if a CCTV camera is useless for catching criminals, would it not be equally useless for harming civilians? It's a similar case of poking holes in the evolution argument without offering any counters to it.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
If the claim is only based on the lack of mutual proof there is turn no claim to be made or challenged as there is no proof for or against.

i.e the argument is moot.

Well in that case then, all fast food restaurants are feeding us crap fat and sugar ladened food at the behest of the ANC and a secret health department to try and push the NHI.

Prove me wrong, otherwise I'm right by your standards.

George Netherby

Expert Member
Last CCTV camera footage I got of my uninvited guest scored him two years in chookie from the magistrate (shame, his 'ducking' under the camera did not help him...he needed a decent invisibility cloak or some magik muti)
Not much but without that footage he would have been home free...Guy probably plead guilty because I was showing everyone in court the video on my laptop (I did the same down in the kasi where he lives, let his neighbours know what a thieving twat he is!)... :laugh:

I know it feels like its a privacy issue but once you have been robbed a good few times, a camera can certainly help catch and prosecute the fkrs....
Is the video of the perp on your property or in you home?

mojoman

Is the video of the perp on your property or in you home?
On the property...various angles...shows him trying the locked workshop door, entering the laundry room then stealing the few bits of old metal scrap/off cuts I had laying around for future us..as well as scaling the fence to get in and out.
I also have two cameras in the house (8 CCTV cameras in total on the property, as soon as I have some money I will get some more IP cameras with a decent zoom for the front and back as I back straight onto the veld)..Its reassuring to be able to watch your home when you are not there...(that is when the networks work...as soon as its load shedding then 90 minutes later there is no longer cell signal)...

ToxicBunny

On the property...various angles...shows him trying the locked workshop door, entering the laundry room then stealing the few bits of old metal scrap/off cuts I had laying around..as well as scaling the fence to get in and out.
I also have two cameras in the house..Its reassuring to be able to watch your home when you are not there...(that is when the networks work...as soon as its load shedding then 90 minutes later there is no longer cell signal)...

Still not a privacy issue really. Its your private property and he basically granted you consent to film his actions the minute he entered your property

mojoman

Still not a privacy issue really. Its your private property and he basically granted you consent to film his actions the minute he entered your property
Well without the footage he would still be walking around (actually he is anyway :laugh: , I think I saw him the other day mooching around town).

ToxicBunny

Well without the footage he would still be walking around (actually he is anyway :laugh: , I think I saw him the other day mooching around town).

They generally go free in short order anyway. Petty "house breaking" and mugging events see guys in jail for maybe a few weeks at most.

As much as a "3 strikes" law would be awesome in this country, we don't have enough jail space for it.

GoofySmurf

Expert Member
Being recorded isn't so much the issue for me. Where it becomes an issue is when they start using facial recognition, combined with other data sources to build up profiles of people.

Walk into adult store once and for the rest of your life you get emailed coupons for double sided alien dildos.

Edit: Also insurance companies, I'm sure they'd love to see what you were doing before an accident.
Atleast you get it.

The rest of the imps here just dont get it just like in 2008 and 9/11.

mojoman

They generally go free in short order anyway. Petty "house breaking" and mugging events see guys in jail for maybe a few weeks at most.

As much as a "3 strikes" law would be awesome in this country, we don't have enough jail space for it.
Ja, he pretty much has a Frequent Visitors pass at the local cop shop....
You know we are fkd when both the cops and criminals are on first name basis....and laugh about it....

ToxicBunny

Ja, he pretty much has a Frequent Visitors pass at the local cop shop....
You know we are fkd when both the cops and criminals are on first name basis....and laugh about it....

I generally take heart from the fact that with my local cop shop guys, the "Frequent Visitors" are on a first name basis as well as a PK on arrival. The cops may know the guys well but they don't treat them well at all.

crocopede

Expert Member
Here is an interesting thought. Currently it is documented that the Police access the firearms register, locate the address of specific firearms, then instigate and pay thugs to murder owners of said firearms because their buyer wanted a specific gun. aka farm attacks etc.

Now imagine the child trafficking syndicates having real time updates on specific children fitting the description of the child ordered. Its going to turn child / human trafficking into an online shopping spree like takealot.

Yes boss, 6 year old blonde girl, white, only her mother is with her in the parking area currently. Yes sir, no other people are nearby, it is safe to go now sir.

Yes boss, 3 year toddler just entered the mall, he matches the customers requirement.

Going to be a sht show. But hey. a few extra raped children, cut up mutilated children for the sake of everyone's "safety" is worth the price of being able to potential identify a shop lifter here and there.