Vumareach Fibre Retreat (Southern Suburbs)

Maveric12

As per Vumatel's website we have about 80% interest for fibre in the Retreat area. When I get more folks to show interest they get a thank you your address has been registered but that they have no immediate plans to roll out fibre. I think I saw somewhere that they normally start planning and get funding if your area hits 30% interest. I have reached out to Vuma and all they say is they have no info for my area. Who or where can I get some more info?

WAslayer

Expert Member
Good luck.. once you hit 100%, they'll include the next suburb along with yours and drop your target back down..

Cowboy619

As per Vumatel's website we have about 80% interest for fibre in the Retreat area. When I get more folks to show interest they get a thank you your address has been registered but that they have no immediate plans to roll out fibre. I think I saw somewhere that they normally start planning and get funding if your area hits 30% interest. I have reached out to Vuma and all they say is they have no info for my area. Who or where can I get some more info?
Yip correct. Their website is just for indication and not guaranteed the moment you reach 100% that Fibre will be installed as people can use fake addresses etc

They will need genuine 30% sign up in the area and then they would need funding and then get the council to give the go ahead

Maveric12

A buddy of mine said yesterday guys were trenching in the steenberg area, I asked that when he sees the guys to approach and enquire if it is for fibre.

terawyvenx

I'm currently driving the sign-ups in my area here in Bridgetown within the Athlone area as well. There has been over 270 signs up to Vumatel's site from our side, but I'm quite curious as how they would measure our interest rate. Because I wouldnt know how much percent is 270 sign-ups out of 100. But i can say is that all the signs up this far covers the majority of Bridgetown. I just hope they will notice us

DiabloDane

Expert Member
I'm currently driving the sign-ups in my area here in Bridgetown within the Athlone area as well. There has been over 270 signs up to Vumatel's site from our side, but I'm quite curious as how they would measure our interest rate. Because I wouldnt know how much percent is 270 sign-ups out of 100. But i can say is that all the signs up this far covers the majority of Bridgetown. I just hope they will notice us
Im just off Belgravia Road, (close to college) they have finally started with a good couple of blocks around me, so not to far off from your side now

terawyvenx

Im just off Belgravia Road, (close to college) they have finally started with a good couple of blocks around me, so not to far off from your side now
I've noticed octotel is close to us as well. I applied with all the responses to them as well, along with openserve. I applied to those 3 providers (vumatel, octotel and openserve) because they are the closest and also they appear on almost every ISP site. The race is between those 3. I'm happy with whoever gets to us 1st

KOPITE

Executive Member
How do manage to get those planned mapped areas? is that on a coverage page? If so, which one is it? I would like to know if there are plans for my area as well. I would be good to know
It's in their website https://vumareach.co.za/

Those areas are earmarked to get fibre soon. They have trenches and laid pipes from Military road up to Concert Boulavard, seems that area will be covered first.

terawyvenx

What's the diffrence between this site and their actual site vumatel site? Does this mean I have to do all the applications on the Vumareach site as well or would it not make a diiference seeing as it is owned by vumatel as well?

KOPITE

Executive Member
What's the diffrence between this site and their actual site vumatel site? Does this mean I have to do all the applications on the Vumareach site as well or would it not make a diiference seeing as it is owned by vumatel as well?
Mitchell's Fibre and Vumareach are so called "affordable packages for the lower income areas in disadvantage areas" for 20mb/s downloads and 10mb/s uplink speeds for the cost of only R399.

You get free activation, installation, free modem and some ISP's offer free 2 month if you sign up with them.

You cannot go for higher speeds unless their is a demand for it, silly IMHO. But it's a good starter package for people who really needs it.

Reactions: Yuu

Maveric12

Vuma Reach Retreat
2 hrs ·
Hello Retreat, do you have Reach?
We have started our Retreat Fibre Roll-out in the first two zones. Please visit www.vumareach.co.za to see your coverage map. Please enter your details and show your interest to be kept up to date with the Roll-out.
We look forward to connecting you!
The Vuma team

Reactions: Yuu

KOPITE

Executive Member
Vuma Reach Retreat
2 hrs ·
Hello Retreat, do you have Reach?
We have started our Retreat Fibre Roll-out in the first two zones. Please visit www.vumareach.co.za to see your coverage map. Please enter your details and show your interest to be kept up to date with the Roll-out.
We look forward to connecting you!
The Vuma team
They'd have started in the Allenby Drive area. I thought maybe they updated the map on which sections they doing first. The 2 zones are split at Joe Marks avenue, so it probably means they doing the bottom area which include Sheraton Park before starting with Retreat and Cafda.