Vumareach Fibre Retreat (Southern Suburbs)

Zuba1r

Believe it or not, my connection is up and running. I am not a Webafrica secret agent.

The cable from the boundary box is connected to the box and the yellow cable goes to the ONT/router.

A very stable 19ms ping in Dota 2. This is mind blowing compared to the trouble I've had for years on ADSL.

20200214_180257.jpg 20200214_180313.jpg

AskingQuestions

Believe it or not, my connection is up and running. I am not a Webafrica secret agent.

The cable from the boundary box is connected to the box and the yellow cable goes to the ONT/router.

A very stable 19ms ping in Dota 2. This is mind blowing compared to the trouble I've had for years on ADSL.

View attachment 784590 View attachment 784592

Do you access to that router?Are you able to login and change wifi settings or do port forwarding?

Could you also let us know if the speed stays consistent throughout the day?

Nikkel

You're connected if they sent the sms. That's just your wifi ssid and password. Vuma connects using dhcp so no pppoe as with adsl

Told ya ;)

Enjoy!

Nikkel

On your device browser (when logged in to Huawei/MF wifi) go to 192.168.18.1...you'll be greeted by this screen

View attachment 779080

Username: Epuser
Password: userEp
If its the 1st time logging into router you'll get a prompt to change your router username and password, which I did then you'll land here...

View attachment 779070

Click on the blue "wifi antenna"... then there's an on and off toggle switch...you can even change your wifi ssid and password to your preference

View attachment 779072View attachment 779074

If you have your own router with WAN port simply switch off Huawei wifi and use LAN port 1 to your router... here's my Asus router settings to connect via WAN

View attachment 779082
Do you access to that router?Are you able to login and change wifi settings or do port forwarding?

Could you also let us know if the speed stays consistent throughout the day?

McKillyou

How odd... I don't have the "box" installed... it looks as though my fibre comes straight from outside into my huawei router...

Buuuut... its weekend so... I'll report back monday or tuesday if I'm connected... or not

AskingQuestions

I have used Webafrica when I had adsl and was paying for a 10 mbps line uncapped.The performance of the line dropped dramatically after 2 years and there support was **** to be candid.I just hope that since it is fibre and each theoretical hoursehold in the area is capped at a max of 20 mbps they can handle th bandwidth without throttling or some other bs.

Maveric12

Great stuff @Zuba1r hopefully the rest of us plebbs get sorted next week.

SpyDIR

Hi all, my installation date is scheduled for today at 12. Will keep you guys posted as to my experience with webafrica/vumatel.

SinisterX

damn , called them again and these ****ers still havent corrected my address , wow 19ms in Dota eh , at least you wont go to low prio due to kak connections lol XD

SinisterX

also , i was told the manager was going to update me in 30 mins , if that doesnt happen im going to cancel my order with them because 3 weeks is just ridiculous for something thats suppose to be done within 7 days

which brings me to this , i see another ISP (Thank the good Lord!!!!) is now available on Vuma Reach website

1581925754066.png

EDIT - OK scrap that its only WIFI

Last edited:

SinisterX

Quick question , are you connected via LAN or WIFI?cause according to Supersonic terms and conditions , you can only connect WIFI devices , which is useless , dont know if its the same with Webafrica?

McKillyou

Update - got an sms just now and teamviewered to my pc(I set it up for unattended access) and I confirm... my fibre is working.

Note:I was able to login with Epadmin:adminEp credentials before but no longer... they changed the admin logins because the ONT belongs to them... I'm gonna give them a call later to try and sweet talk them for it...

Can't wait to try CS... only took me a total of... 11 days to actually be connected

Goodluck to everyone else...

SpyDIR

Just got an SMS from Vuma saying: "Dear resident, thank you for placing your order with VUMA fibre, however kindly note that we cannot complete your installation due to your order being rejected. Please contact your chosen ISP directly to place a new order".

WTF??? They don't even give a valid reason for rejecting my order and this is AFTER I took off from work today in order to be there when the installation team comes.

Maveric12

Just got an SMS from Vuma saying: "Dear resident, thank you for placing your order with VUMA fibre, however kindly note that we cannot complete your installation due to your order being rejected. Please contact your chosen ISP directly to place a new order".

WTF??? They don't even give a valid reason for rejecting my order and this is AFTER I took off from work today in order to be there when the installation team comes.
But was your install not scheduled for 12 today?

Maveric12

Update - got an sms just now and teamviewered to my pc(I set it up for unattended access) and I confirm... my fibre is working.

Note:I was able to login with Epadmin:adminEp credentials before but no longer... they changed the admin logins because the ONT belongs to them... I'm gonna give them a call later to try and sweet talk them for it...

Can't wait to try CS... only took me a total of... 11 days to actually be connected

Goodluck to everyone else...
Great stuff...

SinisterX

so i just get an SMS now saying "Dear resident , you are LIVE with VUMA Reach! PLace your fibre order through our website vumareach.co.za. Opt out "no" "