Vumareach Fibre Retreat/Steenberg/Grassy Park (Southern Suburbs)

Maveric12

Ok, good to hear. I've had the odd issue with my current line (dropouts and slow connections) but I get the feeling it'll be the same with fibre with vastly improved speeds, which does put a smile on my face.

Hopefully I don't have to wait too long after installation before things are up and running
Started out a bit rocky and occasionally drop for few mins but overall not too bad. And its definitely a huge difference going from 4mb ADSL to 20 mb fibre

JustHes

So I'm up and running. And it's great.

Getting things going was a bit frustrating ( I'd hoped it would be a matter of typing in the password and I'm running, but that wasn't the case unfortunately).

Still, going from installation at midday to fibre network by half four was better than I expected.

Speed is fantastic. Coming from a 4mb line, it's like using a horse and cart and then hopping into a Ford Focus.

Worryingly, I have experienced a period of dropout earlier this evening which lasted about 15 minutes, and I can only hope that isn't a regular occurrence.

SlideWP

Does anyone know when Coniston park and the rest of Steenberg is going live? :unsure:
Made numerous requests on Vumareach page but no response:confused:

JustHes

With the line already installed outside my house and just needing to be connected to the inside, I waited a week.

JustHes

Is the line dropping out (as mine has for hours now) while the 'LOS' light flashes red a common occurrence?

Hiero

Hi all, I live in lotus river and I'm in desperate need for fibre due to wfh situation, does anyone have any information?

Maveric12

The guys are really quiet here...julle kan mos bietjie praat..share fibre stories and where to stream lekker movies

SlideWP

The guys are really quiet here...julle kan mos bietjie praat..share fibre stories and where to stream lekker movies
Dis stil hier want ek het nog altyd niks Fibre hier in Coniston park nie!:mad:
Kan nie vertsaan hoe Sharedon park,Allenby & Steenberg live is maar nie ons nie:crying:

Maveric12

Dis stil hier want ek het nog altyd niks Fibre hier in Coniston park nie!:mad:
Kan nie vertsaan hoe Sharedon park,Allenby & Steenberg live is maar nie ons nie:crying:
Ek seker julle sal binnekort live wees. Just have a little patience...at least all the civil work has been done.

the_merchant

Has anyone on Vumareach managed to get their own router working with the provided ONT device? The provided ONT device is quite limited, as it doesn't have features like 5ghz wifi and QoS. I've tried using the Afrihost-provided router (D-link DIR825) and the free router that Telkom provides (from when I still had the ADSL line). I've had endless issues though due to what I assume is being caused by double NAT, such as random disconnects, wifi on my router dropping having no internet (while the ONT device still has connection), trouble connecting to matches in certain online games, slow wifi speeds (while speeds on the ONT wifi is fine) etc. You can't set the ONT device into bridge mode, so the only real option is to give your router a static IP and then place it in the DMZ on the ONT device, although this does not resolve the above-mentioned issues.

Is anyone else using their own router, and have you had any problems?

SlideWP

Ek seker julle sal binnekort live wees. Just have a little patience...at least all the civil work has been done.
Now you sound like the Vuma consultant , the civil work has been completed months ago already and everyone has the PVC piping sticking out infront of their homes. So what's the hold up

IchigoK

Now you sound like the Vuma consultant , the civil work has been completed months ago already and everyone has the PVC piping sticking out infront of their homes. So what's the hold up
They are supposed to start with the Multi-Dwelling Unit Installation at my complex in Grassy Park today so hopefully that means that they are back at work and Coniston Park will go live soon.

Maveric12

Has anyone on Vumareach managed to get their own router working with the provided ONT device? The provided ONT device is quite limited, as it doesn't have features like 5ghz wifi and QoS. I've tried using the Afrihost-provided router (D-link DIR825) and the free router that Telkom provides (from when I still had the ADSL line). I've had endless issues though due to what I assume is being caused by double NAT, such as random disconnects, wifi on my router dropping having no internet (while the ONT device still has connection), trouble connecting to matches in certain online games, slow wifi speeds (while speeds on the ONT wifi is fine) etc. You can't set the ONT device into bridge mode, so the only real option is to give your router a static IP and then place it in the DMZ on the ONT device, although this does not resolve the above-mentioned issues.

Is anyone else using their own router, and have you had any problems?
The struggle is real boet...We pretty screwed in terms of managing our own networks with the ONT/Router locked down.

nad_isa

Think some users should lobby MyBB to get involved as that is in my mind very bad from an internet product perspective. Not to get political but is a poor product that they are then rolling out to these areas. Its not rocket science to give the users either the right kit or access to the router if they want to manage their own network...

I don't have the product, but they are trenching in the area and this would affect me as well if the router is locked down.

IchigoK

We have PVC pipes with black cables sprouting out at the boundary wall of every house in the area and yet there hasn't been any further movement. :confused: