Vumareach Fibre Retreat/Steenberg/Grassy Park (Southern Suburbs)

nad_isa

Please please guide me on how to do this. Connect own router with LAN cable, then...?
then connect your devices to your Ownrouter. the message you quoting is from a while back and i think my response was related to a queries on if there are device/connections limitations on the ONT/Router supplied by VumaReach.

what problem are you trying to resolve - sure guys on here will be able to assist if possible.

Eti1

Expert Member
then connect your devices to your Ownrouter. the message you quoting is from a while back and i think my response was related to a queries on if there are device/connections limitations on the ONT/Router supplied by VumaReach.

what problem are you trying to resolve - sure guys on here will be able to assist if possible.

Thanks for the response.

It is a vumareach/huawei router/ont…I want to connect more than 10 devices to WiFi so wondering if plugging in a better router might work.

Is there any setting I need to change in the new router settings? Or just plug and play?

nad_isa

Thanks for the response.

It is a vumareach/huawei router/ont…I want to connect more than 10 devices to WiFi so wondering if plugging in a better router might work.

Is there any setting I need to change in the new router settings? Or just plug and play?
it depends on the router you are trying to setup. port 1 of the ONT to your routers WAN port i believe. then in your new router you get internet from WAN and basically setup from there. there are some considerations like double NAT etc but for most people it shouldnt be an issue.

@Nikkel ? i havent done this for while now. pls help me along here

Nikkel

Expert Member
it depends on the router you are trying to setup. port 1 of the ONT to your routers WAN port i believe. then in your new router you get internet from WAN and basically setup from there. there are some considerations like double NAT etc but for most people it shouldnt be an issue.

@Nikkel ? i havent done this for while now. pls help me along here
Yep.. Port 1 of GPON to WAN port of your own router. Your router shoulde be able to set itself up via its "quick setup/wizard".

Set your router's ipv6 to passthrough in WAN setup and double NAT shouldn't be an issue.

Remember to disable GPON's WiFi.

nad_isa

Yep.. Port 1 of GPON to WAN port of your own router. Your router shoulde be able to set itself up via its "quick setup/wizard".

Set your router's ipv6 to passthrough in WAN setup and double NAT shouldn't be an issue.

thanks boet. I saw the posts on ipv6 on afrihost. do i need to do anything to set it up or is it automatically provisioned on the VR ONT/Router. I then need to check the passthrough is setup on my mikrotik router. thats gonna be a pain - havent messed with that in a while.

how do i test the ipv6 passthrough?

Nikkel

Expert Member
thanks boet. I saw the posts on ipv6 on afrihost. do i need to do anything to set it up or is it automatically provisioned on the VR ONT/Router. I then need to check the passthrough is setup on my mikrotik router. thats gonna be a pain - havent messed with that in a while.

how do i test the ipv6 passthrough?
GPON provisioned yes... You need to setup your own router tho...

Eti1

Expert Member

Thanks a lot.

I set up the second router as an access point, didn’t do quick setup. Is that wrong? It seems to be working as I’m connected to the new router via WiFi and I have internet connectivity.

And what is GPON? How do I disable its WiFi? And why?

Sorry for the noob questions.

toufeeq

You guys do know that the Huawei ONT/router from VUMA is set to 10 clients only on the wireless settings and can be increased?

Nikkel

Expert Member
Thanks a lot.

I set up the second router as an access point, didn’t do quick setup. Is that wrong? It seems to be working as I’m connected to the new router via WiFi and I have internet connectivity.

And what is GPON? How do I disable its WiFi? And why?

Sorry for the noob questions.
Acces point or wireless is much the same more or less so you good. GPON is the Huawei device you got with installation.

User: Epuser
Pass: userEp or UserEp

Select wireless on homepage and disable then the Huawei's signal

toufeeq

Login, go to advance, click on WLAN, WLAN basic
7ad826dff9dd21172acb616cdcba1970.jpg

Eti1

Expert Member
Acces point or wireless is much the same more or less so you good. GPON is the Huawei device you got with installation.

User: Epuser
Pass: userEp or UserEp

Select wireless on homepage and disable then the Huawei's signal

Many thanks!

CxJx2011

Hey, guys please look out for this survey from Vumatel and please indicate you are interested in faster speeds.

Survey.png

Reactions: Yuu

CxJx2011

@AfriNatic Im not sure if you would be able to advise me but I sub to Crunchyroll and as of late the quality of streams has been so poor on both Android and Apple TV as of late. Is there some way you can check which CDN is in use?

Ace_92_sa

Wireshark will be your friend here, target your streaming device, open a stream and sniff dem packets to see where it's pulling content from so that the ISP can investigate. Will probably be coming in via IPT.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic Im not sure if you would be able to advise me but I sub to Crunchyroll and as of late the quality of streams has been so poor on both Android and Apple TV as of late. Is there some way you can check which CDN is in use?

Morning,

We first need to see what source is serving you and where the source is located and see if there is any issues to that ip with a trace route.

davyb

Been having intermittent disconnects on Vumareach in Pelikan Park, I am with Webafrica