Vumareach issues after changing ONT Wifi/WLAN details

The_Maestro_00

Hi

I couldn't seem to find similar threads regarding this but I've encountered a rather odd issue after changing my WLAN details on my Vumareach ONT

After changing the ONT details (from the default RG-1000... name and issued password) to my own unique name and password, everything seemed fine at first. I was able to connect my devices as per normal to the new network name etc. However, I've reached a point now where on 2 of my home PC's, it connects to Wifi but the speed is incredibly slow (almost 0 mbps) with an extremely high ping. The upload speed seems less affected but is still half the normal 10mbps. The 2 PC devices are fine as connecting to other wifi networks works. Connecting via LAN also works 100%, its just via this specific wifi connection.

Now, my thoughts are that it related to no. of connected devices as Vumareach only allows 8 at a time on these cheaper ONT routers, however, I tested this with all other connections off and the issue persists. I'm thinking its got to do with the configs somehow limiting the number of wireless devices that can be REGISTERED on the WLAN network but this makes no sense as only the network name and password was changed, nothing else. Also, prior to changing these details, I was able to connect any number of devices to the wifi (including the 2 PC's I'm struggling with now) and only had an issue when simultaneous connections were more than 8.

Needless to say, I'm at a loss here as to what the issue might be. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a simple name change threw the configs off given how restricted these devices are setup by Vuma. Curious to know if anyone else had similar issues and if there is a possible solution?

Thanks.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Hi

I couldn't seem to find similar threads regarding this but I've encountered a rather odd issue after changing my WLAN details on my Vumareach ONT

After changing the ONT details (from the default RG-1000... name and issued password) to my own unique name and password, everything seemed fine at first. I was able to connect my devices as per normal to the new network name etc. However, I've reached a point now where on 2 of my home PC's, it connects to Wifi but the speed is incredibly slow (almost 0 mbps) with an extremely high ping. The upload speed seems less affected but is still half the normal 10mbps. The 2 PC devices are fine as connecting to other wifi networks works. Connecting via LAN also works 100%, its just via this specific wifi connection.

Now, my thoughts are that it related to no. of connected devices as Vumareach only allows 8 at a time on these cheaper ONT routers, however, I tested this with all other connections off and the issue persists. I'm thinking its got to do with the configs somehow limiting the number of wireless devices that can be REGISTERED on the WLAN network but this makes no sense as only the network name and password was changed, nothing else. Also, prior to changing these details, I was able to connect any number of devices to the wifi (including the 2 PC's I'm struggling with now) and only had an issue when simultaneous connections were more than 8.

Needless to say, I'm at a loss here as to what the issue might be. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a simple name change threw the configs off given how restricted these devices are setup by Vuma. Curious to know if anyone else had similar issues and if there is a possible solution?

Thanks.

What internal IP do you devices get when connected?