Vumatel’s 200Mbps fibre is now available

Well I tried to be fair by showing the NZB downloads from astraweb europe.

International speedtests do look ****, but then again they were also not amazeballs on 100/100

(
What's it look like though, if not amazeballs. The NZB test looks like it maxes out the 200

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Vumatel has installed fiber in our complex, I'm just not going to pay the R999 provisioning fee. They can go kack.

Solitude

Expert Member
I see Vumatel is finally thinking of laying fibre by us! I just contacted our body corporate. Man oh man. If we get fibre I will be so happy!

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Ok, since you will only understand what you want to, I will make it clear.

I do NOT think DSL > fiber. Clear enough? If still not, that's your problem.

What I AM saying, is that I am NOT paying R999 to Vumatel for provisioning, on top of the R1700.

The 20mbps fiber and DSL packages are priced more or less the same, I do not require the low latency of fiber, I do not require the higher upload of fiber. I get all my Linux distros from another source, not from the Internet. I do not game. I stream music.

As I told the rep at my front door, I will terminate my land line and cancel my DSL package if I can go onto fiber without paying the R999, and without having to be locked in a contract.

Please feel free to ask more questions should something still not be clear.

Dark Agent

Expert Member
Ok, since you will only understand what you want to, I will make it clear.

I do NOT think DSL > fiber. Clear enough? If still not, that's your problem.

What I AM saying, is that I am NOT paying R999 to Vumatel for provisioning, on top of the R1700.

The 20mbps fiber and DSL packages are priced more or less the same, I do not require the low latency of fiber, I do not require the higher upload of fiber. I get all my Linux distros from another source, not from the Internet. I do not game. I stream music.

As I told the rep at my front door, I will terminate my land line and cancel my DSL package if I can go onto fiber without paying the R999, and without having to be locked in a contract.

Please feel free to ask more questions should something still not be clear.
Cool Ideas does not charge you R999 + free router. PLUS PURE MONTH to MONTH.

CellC give you Free Installation(24 month pro rata claw back), free connection(24 month pro rata claw back) + 3 months free.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Cool Ideas does not charge you R999 + free router. PLUS PURE MONTH to MONTH.

CellC give you Free Installation(24 month pro rata claw back), free connection(24 month pro rata claw back) + 3 months free.
Interesting. That's not what the Vumatel rep said (obviously).

What do you mean by claw back?