Vumatel 1Gbps speeds from ISPs

Style

Hey guys, is it possible that hardware like hard drives etc play a part and affect reaching the top speeds? Im on the Vumatel 1000/100 and while I get 500-700 consistently it seems I dont get close to the magical mark (Cool Ideas standard issue Tplink C5). I have tested both local and international. Any tips or things I could look at? Im on Vuma Village Gpon network I think, and Fibre has just gone live in my area a week ago. Any insight would be appreciated!

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hey guys, is it possible that hardware like hard drives etc play a part and affect reaching the top speeds? Im on the Vumatel 1000/100 and while I get 500-700 consistently it seems I dont get close to the magical mark (Cool Ideas standard issue Tplink C5). I have tested both local and international. Any tips or things I could look at? Im on Vuma Village Gpon network I think, and Fibre has just gone live in my area a week ago. Any insight would be appreciated!

Are you using a Windows machine? If so run the following command.

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Do the speedtest using the speedtest App and not a browser.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Also ensure you try other network drivers for your Network card, window scaling shouldn't play a massive part in sub latency tests.

Mypro-D

Expert Member
Afternoon All.
Done mean to Hijack this thread but it seems relevant.
Vuma are finally starting with our complex and should be done in 2-3 weeks.

I would like to go with CISP but read this...

The 1Gbps package offers 1000Mbps of local download and 100Mbps of international download speeds. The upload for both routes are 100Mbps

But having a look here that doesn't seem to be the case. What am I missing?

Gambit

Expert Member
Afternoon All.
Done mean to Hijack this thread but it seems relevant.
Vuma are finally starting with our complex and should be done in 2-3 weeks.

I would like to go with CISP but read this...

The 1Gbps package offers 1000Mbps of local download and 100Mbps of international download speeds. The upload for both routes are 100Mbps

But having a look here that doesn't seem to be the case. What am I missing?

CISP have mentioned multiple times on this forum that they don’t enforce this restriction but state it on the product in case it is abused and they need to enforce it in the future to prevent a few people ruining things for the rest of their customers.

This is insurance so you can’t submit claims against them if they do restrict you in the future for downloading the whole internet.

I have been on the 1000/100 CISP package for almost 1 and half years and never been restricted to 100mbps on international. Usually get around 850Mbps to London and this is because of a limitation of the cpu in my MikroTik router. I have noticed that some CDNs in SA seem to restrict you to around 200Mbps for a single connection.