• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Vumatel Fibre CPE and which WAN Router - fibre-noob

Pho3nix

The Legend
What do you need to know about the way the system works?
My understanding is Vumatel connection is tied to the MAC connection of the device that setup the account.
That makes sense to me. I just don't understand how to setup the dynamic IP thingy from my TP link. Wanna use my gigabit router :eek:

PBCool, if I go live tomorrow. How long would it take if I went with Cool Idea's?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
My understanding is Vumatel connection is tied to the MAC connection of the device that setup the account.
That makes sense to me. I just don't understand how to setup the dynamic IP thingy from my TP link. Wanna use my gigabit router :eek:

PBCool, if I go live tomorrow. How long would it take if I went with Cool Idea's?
Basically each device is locked via mac to their IP, so if the service is allocated 2 IPs you can have 2 macs and devices. If you want to change the device, then on the admin side (your ISP) would need to reset the mac bind essentially.

If your CPE is in our service activates automatically in a few minutes.

howardb

Expert Member
I eventually used my existing TP-Link ADSL unit (see my initial post) as the router, didn't change any settings, just plugged it into the Vuma CPE and all devices on my existing network worked fine ;)

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I eventually used my existing TP-Link ADSL unit (see my initial post) as the router, didn't change any settings, just plugged it into the Vuma CPE and all devices on my existing network worked fine ;)
Yeap it would with the mac bind, you can spoof your existing mac on the new device, that would also work.

flarkit

Executive Member
This is what I did, which worked great

KVoigt

Okay, so I know this thread is a bit old but I need some help. So we just got 100/10 mbs from Cool Ideas today and I am trying to set up the rputer but it doesn’t want to work. The router is a Netgear router with a wan port and I think the problem lies in the settings rather than the rputer itself. It does not directly give the option for DHCp but it does give the option of ticking No for “Does your internet connection require a login”. Also about the MAC address, I ordered the package from my laptop, so should I set the router to use that mac adress?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Okay, so I know this thread is a bit old but I need some help. So we just got 100/10 mbs from Cool Ideas today and I am trying to set up the rputer but it doesn’t want to work. The router is a Netgear router with a wan port and I think the problem lies in the settings rather than the rputer itself. It does not directly give the option for DHCp but it does give the option of ticking No for “Does your internet connection require a login”. Also about the MAC address, I ordered the package from my laptop, so should I set the router to use that mac adress?
Rather get cool ideas to clear the Mac lock on your line. Then see if it works.

KVoigt

Turns out I used my phone to sign up and not my laptop and had to use that adress☺️ But know it works!