• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

Vumatel Fibre - Parow North (Cape Town)

mrafiq1

Hi all.

Vumatel is currently registering interest for Fibre in Parow North.

Anyone interested, please show your interest (You are not obliged to take up the Fibre.) We need 741 more signups in the area to make it feasible for them (This seems quite a bit)

Please support the initiative if you live in the area

Thanks

mrafiq1

687 signups still required for Parow North / De Tijger.

Anyone in the area interested, please sign up...

Hi all,

I started to post on the local neighborhood Facebook pages yesterday and got us up to around 19%. Do we need interest from the whole area shown on Vumatel website?

mrafiq1

Hi Hennie.

Welcome. I saw the big spike in signups for the area this morning. Thanks for the efforts

I am not quite sure if the entire Parow North and De Tijger are lumped into one or if the are split on Vumatel?

It definitely wouldn't hurt getting more support.

Thanks so much for the effort.

rph72

Executive Member
Hi all,

I started to post on the local neighborhood Facebook pages yesterday and got us up to around 19%. Do we need interest from the whole area shown on Vumatel website?
I think you need 30% to show up light pink on the map. Busy setting up a Introductory meeting with Vumatel later this week for Goodwood. :D

Edit: I see Parow North is already lit up, well done.

Last edited:

mrafiq1

We still need 602 signups for Vumatel to start work and implementation and to turn the map a darker pink.

You are not obliged to signup for anything with Vumatel, just to show your interest. Even if you decide its not for you afterwards.

Please support the initiative if you are living in the area.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Interesting that Cool Ideas are saying we are covered by Vumatel.

Checked their coverage on the website and shows we can sign up.

According to Vumatel website though, our area is still in the planning stages.

Must be an error on their side?

@PBCool, can you provide us with any information on this?
So a bit of a glitch here in that the maps provided by Vumatel have "future" areas which have made their way to our map, unfortunately these areas aren't live as yet. Our maps will be updated today. Sorry for misleading anyone.

rawoke

Hi all.

Vumatel is currently registering interest for Fibre in Parow North.

Anyone interested, please show your interest (You are not obliged to take up the Fibre.) We need 741 more signups in the area to make it feasible for them (This seems quite a bit)

Please support the initiative if you live in the area

Thanks
I can put a link on my site if that would help ? Is there a specific link survey page ?

mrafiq1

So a bit of a glitch here in that the maps provided by Vumatel have "future" areas which have made their way to our map, unfortunately these areas aren't live as yet. Our maps will be updated today. Sorry for misleading anyone.
@ PBCool - Thanks for clarifying.

Flipside

I see fibre came up at our AGM recently, I'm not sure who the trustees will be approaching though. We're about 150 units in the estate.

In the meantime Rain's LTE turns out to be a good alternative, getting up to 24 Mbps.

mrafiq1

Update:

Vumatel interest shown up to 36% - 452 more signups required.

Come on everyone that has not signed up yet in our area. Please sign up asap.