Vumatel Fibre - Plumstead, Diep River, Elfindale, Southfield and Wynberg

Cowboy619

Ah that's fine then.

Anyone kick up any issues about their garden / driveway? :)

Nope not actually. But lots of old folk there. Clueless about unshaped, unthrottled etc :)

Lots of guys from Heathfield though and wanting to get Fibre installed. Basically Vuma said they need around 30% interest and they would try and get funding for each area

I'm assuming this is based on when you pre-ordered?
Yip pre order based

scavern

Wow, 3 ISP reps were at my door today. I think I need to put a sign up outside.

SFW007

Expert Member
How long if fibre is in the ground and preordered does it take for them to install or when is fibre live as the guys are not in the area anymore as it seems like work is completed

TwilightWalker

How long if fibre is in the ground and preordered does it take for them to install or when is fibre live as the guys are not in the area anymore as it seems like work is completed
I had my installation scheduled today for next week Thursday, so I would say at least a week depending on how long the waiting list currently is. According to Vumatel Elfindale is going live on the 30th April.

m.zakariyya.g

Mine was scheduled for 2 business days after the fiber was live in Wynberg, if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if that had anything to do with me nagging Vumatel regularly about the Installation ETA.

Ash74

My appointment is scheduled for next week Friday . Vumatel called to arrange. The lady on the phone also said the area will live on the 30th and their coverage map will be updated on that day.

Cowboy619

My appointment is scheduled for next week Friday . Vumatel called to arrange. The lady on the phone also said the area will live on the 30th and their coverage map will be updated on that day.
Are you guys all in Elfindale? Any calls for Southfield yet?

Ash74

Are you guys all in Elfindale? Any calls for Southfield yet?
Yes, I am also in Elfindale. The guy at the townhall meeting did say they were only going live on 3 of the 5 zones, as there was still minor patching going on in the other 2.

Cowboy619

Yes, I am also in Elfindale. The guy at the townhall meeting did say they were only going live on 3 of the 5 zones, as there was still minor patching going on in the other 2.
Have you got the latest Zones sheet? They said they added me but they sent nothing yet

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Been contacted this morning, and the lady said that our fibre is going live today (In front of Princess Vlei)

Install scheduled for next week Thursday.

Edit: Do you guys have any fibre into the grey box? I just have the protective casing which runs from the street to our boundary box.

N_13

Was told that Punts Estate was going live today by 1 agent.

Then another said the 30th

Then another called to say 2-3 weeks

Conflicting, but they booked my installation for next Tuesday morning.

SFW007

Expert Member
Been contacted this morning, and the lady said that our fibre is going live today (In front of Princess Vlei)

Edit: Do you guys have any fibre into the grey box? I just have the protective casing which runs from the street to our boundary box.
What lady

Cowboy619

Nice. Yes mine has Fibre in the greybox. The guys need to splice it in from the black box to your grey box then they will run a test before installation

Surv0

Executive Member
No grey box for me yet, seen that some neighbors have.
They will only install a wall box if they trench right outside your house. Otherwise they will run a cable from the air strung lines to your house like a telephone cable.