Vumatel Fibre - Plumstead, Diep River, Elfindale, Southfield and Wynberg

Maveric12

Vumatel. Usually uses the website as reference for interest as people use fake address etc. But you will need to get actual 30% of the neighborhood. Then they would need to get funding from investors and then a go ahead from the city of Cape Town. Southfield and Elfindale took around 6 - 8 months from start to finish
Thank You,

Cowboy619

None, still using good old fashioned adsl :)

at least the CPE is in and Vox can just activate the package.
Hopefully sorted soon. If your install was earlier then you would have probably been connected by end of day. Yeah I cancelled my LTE accounts. Been running full speed all day..no issues

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Vox are insisting on sending a techie out to get me connected

Looking like I’ll have to wait a few more days...

Cowboy619

Vox are insisting on sending a techie out to get me connected

Looking like I’ll have to wait a few more days...
Challenge them. Its been done before that you can setup yourself with your own router. Sorry about that

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Challenge them. Its been done before that you can setup yourself with your own router. Sorry about that
Yeah I’m at the point now - that if someone says they need to send a techie, I’m gonna cancel.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Anyone else's fibre down in Elfindale? ISP is vox, been down around an hour or so.
Well this explains why I'm having issues lol - Vox just activated my account about half an hour ago, yet still no change (in the meantime the network is down).

Will check to find out what's going on.

AndyPandy

Just had a vumatel tech come, it was an issue at our connection point. Isolated to just our house.

m.zakariyya.g

You are not the first one i heard about the story @m.zakariyya.g had the same issue

I signed a router indemnity form the day before the fiber was installed at my place - I called Vox's fiber department (they had their own special number) and spoke to a lady and explained I'd be using my own router and was activated and online within 90 minutes of the installation

Edit - they did send their techie the week after to deliver the router. Unfortunately it's not mine to keep, and it has to be returned if you cancel. Otherwise I'd have sold it to recuperate the costs of buying a router with better WiFi coverage than what they give. The techie even admitted their router's 5GHz band isn't good enough for a 100mbps line