• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Vumatel Fibre - Plumstead, Diep River, Elfindale, Southfield and Wynberg

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Kuils river pre-orders went live the first or second week in april.Trencing started 5 May if that helps to give you an idea.
At any stage of the process did you guys hear anything from Vuma?
Vuma are handling the area like I imagine Telkom would.

nova69

We had a town hall meeting stating the start date for trenching etc I now receive a weekly update via mail on progress

Cowboy619

I don't know WTF is going on, the map shows that we are back to the show your interest stage, I guess it's time to give them a call...
I spoke to someone after informing that we are in the pre order phase and he actually informed me that their was a glitch on their side and the area went live by mistake

Xzib1t

Expert Member
I spoke to someone after informing that we are in the pre order phase and he actually informed me that their was a glitch on their side and the area went live by mistake
Ah thanks for the update, I am now highly upset with this recent development.

Not to mention the fact that I now look like a chop telling everyone to preorder FFS.

Edit: on the bright side all the graves in Plumstead cemetery will be getting fibre :crylaugh:

Last edited:

SFW007

Expert Member
Ah thanks for the update, I am now highly upset with this recent development.

Not to mention the fact that I now look like a chop telling everyone to preorder FFS.

Edit: on the bright side all the graves in Plumstead cemetery will be getting fibre :crylaugh:
can you pm me the leaflet/flyers you have sent out please
i will be doing a walk about in my area to get interest.
Lightspeed wants +-80 signatures

Surv0

Executive Member
Pre-ordered now... I enquired with them a week or so ago about the progress and they said they were only just getting the wayleaves and should start trenching/deploying end of June or July.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
can you pm me the leaflet/flyers you have sent out please
i will be doing a walk about in my area to get interest.
Lightspeed wants +-80 signatures
incoming, good luck.

Great to see Plumstead go into the preorder phase, I've sort of lost interest after they pulled our area from going into preorder.

Cowboy619

Got a reply from Vumatel.

Southfield is currently with our business development department. They are looking into your area, unfortunately your area falls out of our roll-out for this year.

I trust you are looking forward to fibre and we are tracking towards next year.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Going much slower now - I see about one or two people showing their interest everyday.

I guess that is still good.

anip.JPG

Edit: Also Plumstead has gone into pre-order.

Last edited:

Xzib1t

Expert Member
How do you check this info regarding number still required?
Just show your interest again, and it will display the progress for your area.

Edit: it will only work if your area has been selected by Vumatel for a potential roll out (in other words your area must be pink already for it to work)

SFW007

Expert Member
I gave DFA a call to check on the fibre route. Unfortunately i was told it was for a specific client (who they would not mention).
DFA did say i should contact the likes of Mweb to check with them.
I'll call a contact

Imagine what that one client is paying for Fibre