Vumatel Fibre - Plumstead, Diep River, Elfindale, Southfield and Wynberg

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Update:

50% complete roughly 422 more required on my side South End of Princess Vlei Road.
Plumstead and Southfield (North of Line) is currently in the Deployment stage.
Wynberg: Apparently it's now at 100% (Vuma need to update their site)

Oh and also the Section of Diep River between the Main Road and Railway line has been removed :wtf:

Vuma2.JPG

Last edited:

TwilightWalker

For those following updates for this area, had someone from Vumatel show up at around 4PM today with a clipboard asking to fill in a form so that they can gauge interest. Hopefully some positive news comes from this.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
For those following updates for this area, had someone from Vumatel show up at around 4PM today with a clipboard asking to fill in a form so that they can gauge interest. Hopefully some positive news comes from this.
Cool, where about are you? I'm assuming somewhere in Plumstead/Wynberg?

ronan73

On the Facebook group they posted that the townhall meeting for Plumstead is planned for 23 August. Time and venue still to be determined.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Elfindale area
Cool, good to know - although, haven't seen anyone on my side yet.

On the Facebook group they posted that the townhall meeting for Plumstead is planned for 23 August. Time and venue still to be determined.
From the BookFace® group I see it's going to be at the NG Kerk in Plumstead.

Not too long ago I saw a post about one at Timour Hall Primary school.
Will update my OP with the details.

ronan73

Cool, good to know - although, haven't seen anyone on my side yet.

From the BookFace group I see it's going to be at the NG Kerk in Plumstead.

Not too long ago I saw a post about one at Timour Hall Primary school.
Will update my OP with the details.
Yep. It is at the NG kerk in Ophir Road at 7pm on 23 August.

Surv0

Executive Member
Pre-ordered in Plumstead, apparently number 30 or so on the list atm so should have an early install.. accepted the quote and everything which generally follows the preorders.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Pre-ordered in Plumstead, apparently number 30 or so on the list atm so should have an early install.. accepted the quote and everything which generally follows the preorders.
Keep us posted :thumbsup:

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Update: 23/08/18

Timour Hall area (Gabriel Rd.) - Plumstead, build start August 2018 (8 days left Vumatel!) expected completion September 2018.

Plumstead - Below railway line - Don't forget Town Hall Meeting tonight [Link] [Google Maps]

Elfindale/Southfield: A milestone of 75% has been reached - helped by the fact that Vumatel representatives have started canvassing the area, as @TwilightWalker mentioned.

Wynberg ?!?

TwilightWalker

An update for those in the Elfindale area, as of this morning we are sitting at 94% with 52 sign-ups still needed. Amazed at how quickly that was reached but I imagine the last stretch to 100% will be most difficult.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
An update for those in the Elfindale area, as of this morning we are sitting at 94% with 52 sign-ups still needed. Amazed at how quickly that was reached but I imagine the last stretch to 100% will be most difficult.
And on that note, we've got 100%

Vuma100.JPG

Thanks to everyone that helped here. I've just received the news that hell has frozen over.

scavern

And on that note, we've got 100%

View attachment 552593

Thanks to everyone that helped here. I've just received the news that hell has frozen over.
Well we are actually at 101%. Makes this all sort of pointless if it goes past 100% and vumatel doesn't update. Maybe worth looking if any other providers are interested in trenching?

Cowboy619

Well we are actually at 101%. Makes this all sort of pointless if it goes past 100% and vumatel doesn't update. Maybe worth looking if any other providers are interested in trenching?
Spoke to the guys from Vumatel and they should start our build around March / April next year

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Spoke to the guys from Vumatel and they should start our build around March / April next year
Yeah - can confirm I've heard the same, all that effort to wait another 6 months :/
however, it's better than not getting fibre.

Well we are actually at 101%. Makes this all sort of pointless if it goes past 100%
From what I've seen & heard we didn't even need 100% they, do it anyway if you go over 30%...
One of my mom's friends stays in Southfied and she said that there was another fibre company canvassing the area (Vumatel & some other company) - which could make things interesting.

Cowboy619

Yeah - can confirm I've heard the same, all that effort to wait another 6 months :/
however, it's better than not getting fibre.

From what I've seen & heard we didn't even need 100% they, do it anyway if you go over 30%...
One of my mom's friends stays in Southfied and she said that there was another fibre company canvassing the area (Vumatel & some other company) - which could make things interesting.
The other company is Openserve. Got an email from them to state that they are going to roll out Fibre in Southfield, but they didnt give me an ETA

Xzib1t

Expert Member
The other company is Openserve. Got an email from them to state that they are going to roll out Fibre in Southfield, but they didnt give me an ETA
And so the plot thickens ;), however no love for my area, as only Vumatel showed up.

Saw they started Trenching in Plumstead :thumbsup:

Received "official" communication from Vumatel via e-mail they would look to start early 2019, I imagine this would be the same for Wynberg - currently have someone looking for a suitable POP

Just thought I should share this: was at the BP garage on Victoria Rd - when would be a good time to say they can take it down?

Attachments

Cowboy619

And so the plot thickens ;), however no love for my area, as only Vumatel showed up.

Saw they started Trenching in Plumstead :thumbsup:

Received "official" communication from Vumatel via e-mail they would look to start early 2019, I imagine this would be the same for Wynberg - currently have someone looking for a suitable POP

Just thought I should share this: was at the BP garage on Victoria Rd - when would be a good time to say they can take it down?
When the petrol prices comes down then it can come down!!