Vumatel Fibre - Plumstead, Diep River, Elfindale, Southfield and Wynberg

Mike7

My line was installed yesterday. Waiting on coolideas to send the router. Any idea how long they take?

Jacoco

Elfindale, Meersigroad, close to St Augustine cricket field, Vumatel was here today for site inspection. He says starting early 2019 to lay infrastructure.

Surv0

Executive Member
Yeah, mine was installed (Plumstead) last week. 50mb down gets me about 6mb/s at the moment. Stable and quick, low latency. With Vox.

Surv0

Executive Member
Did you get the free Installation and Activation as advertised?
No, where was this advertised?

Im not taking out a contract and Vox dont pay for the install so yeah.. I installed as a selling point to the house so expecting a return on it :p

Surv0

Executive Member
mmmm. I think it has been removed from their website, it still shows on the VUMA site though.

https://shop.vumatel.co.za/package/Ekj8S0LnKS
So apparently I ordered just before this special came about... wasnt advised of it at all. Service was setup and installed during the promotion period however I got billed.

Im actually somewhat pissed off about this and trying to get an escalation. I feel its bad play on Vox's part..

Xzib1t

Expert Member
So it seems to me that the original Plumstead area is 100% complete.

Vuma now need to move on to Wynberg, Southfield & Elfindale.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
So apparently I ordered just before this special came about... wasnt advised of it at all. Service was setup and installed during the promotion period however I got billed.

Im actually somewhat pissed off about this and trying to get an escalation. I feel its bad play on Vox's part..
Did you not receive the flyer in the mailbox earlier this year also touting free installation?
Perhaps show them, which might convince them otherwise :sneaky:

Edit: Sorry I misread, it doesn't mention a free installation anywhere, only that they waive the setup/activation fee
ACC7B4F8-57D1-4EA2-861B-9CCB4014BD49.jpeg

Does anyone have any sort of update as to when the build in the Southfield and Elfindale areas will start ? I have mailed Vumatel , but i dont seem to be getting a response .