Vumatel Fibre - Plumstead, Diep River, Elfindale, Southfield and Wynberg

m.zakariyya.g

My line was installed yesterday. Waiting on coolideas to send the router. Any idea how long they take?
How long did it take for you to get installation, from the moment the grey box was installed outside your premises? I'm in Wynberg and the boxes were put up about 10 days ago.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Just an FYI, Vox confirmed my order today (the rep said Vuma could be done by next month if all goes well)

Just thought I give a heads up to check out their promo for free installation & activation :)

TwilightWalker

Just got a visit from a Vumatel rep explaining the process. He advised that if you have driveway paving like I do take a picture of it so that when they relay it if you are unhappy with it let them know and they will re do it at their cost.

m.zakariyya.g

Spoke to a lady at Vox today. She said my area in Wynberg (Castletown Rd) will have the fiber live by mid-April. Hoping it's sooner though - they're already starting to restore the pavement outside by the street back to the way it was.

m.zakariyya.g

Just got a visit from a Vumatel rep explaining the process. He advised that if you have driveway paving like I do take a picture of it so that when they relay it if you are unhappy with it let them know and they will re do it at their cost.

What exactly do they do in your driveway, when they come to install the fiber?

TwilightWalker

What exactly do they do in your driveway, when they come to install the fiber?
They have to dig it up for the trenching if aerial fibre is not applicable for your road. If you have electric poles on your side of the road they use them for the fibre line, if not they use underground trunking.

DjStyles

Expert Member
Patiently waiting for them to start in Golf Links. We had a rep going door to door a good few weeks back stating they will be starting soon, but nothing since then.