Vumatel Fibre - Plumstead, Diep River, Elfindale, Southfield and Wynberg

m.zakariyya.g

Spoke to a rep in a Vuma bakkie by the part of Wynberg close to the Witteboom train station - they expect fiber to be live during this week, and installations to start occurring from next week onward. I can't wait!

Cowboy619

Townhall meeting for Southfield and Elfindale
Wednesday 24th April @7pm Elfindale Hall

scavern

What is normally covered in these townhall meetings?

Anyone have any idea when go-live is for Elfindale?

Cowboy619

What is normally covered in these townhall meetings?

Anyone have any idea when go-live is for Elfindale?
"VUMA is launching Elfindale into the future with fibre! Join us at the upcoming town hall meeting and learn about the roll-out of fibre-to-the-home in your area. Meet our team, learn about the infrastructure upgrade in your area and meet some Internet Service Providers (ISPs). We look forward to seeing you there!"

Funny how they want the meetings when they are already laying the Fibre. I know Plumstead had their meetings first then the build happened

Southfield is going live end of May. Not too sure with Elfindale

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Funny how they want the meetings when they are already laying the Fibre. I know Plumstead had their meetings first then the build happened
I thought the same thing, the fibre is in the ground already - why do we need a meeting :unsure:

scavern

I live in Elfindale and didn't even get a notice that construction was starting...

chrisc

Executive Member
Service in Plumstead is very good. However, it took 7 separate teams to get it to work over a 3-week period in November

There is little communication between the teams, several turn up to do the same work and it frequently had to be done twice. Each blame the other

When it came choosing an ISP, Vox proved to be useless and did not follow up anything. I use Buzybuy and they have provided exemplary service and gave me a excellent router

Xzib1t

Expert Member
I live in Elfindale and didn't even get a notice that construction was starting...
Neither did we - they just rocked up and started digging one morning.
But there was rep handing out those pink marketing books.

At least @AndyPandy got a notice :)

Will take a picture of it tomorrow.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Did not take a photo of a 16 page info booklet, instead I scanned it and attached it to the post for those that didn't get one.

Attachments

m.zakariyya.g

Vumatel's coverage map now shows my part of Wynberg as being live! Any idea how long I'll have to wait for an installation?

m.zakariyya.g

Apparently there's a mistake on Vumatel's website and my area is not actually fiber ready yet. So looks like the wait will be longer.

TwilightWalker

Not sure if anyone else had this but I've had a Vumatel call center agent contact me on the landline asking for basic details and which ISP I want to use, after they got the details they said they would hand them over to the ISP and they would assist with the rest of the process. Elfindale area btw.

scavern

Interesting. This is the first time I have ever heard of this. I would ignore phone calls like that though.

m.zakariyya.g

Vumatel confirmed an installation time for 8 tomorrow. Hoping I can be connected to the internet tomorrow, as I'm using my own router and don't need the one from Vox.

Ash74

Glad you got sorted . How did you convince Vox to activate you line so quickly? I know of a few people who had to wait quite long, as vox insisted that they send a vox tech out to complete the install/ deliver a router.