Vumatel Fibre - Plumstead, Diep River, Elfindale, Southfield and Wynberg

TwilightWalker

Hopefully it won't be too long until we go live, received an email confirming order installation with an order number. ETA for the installation is very vague though, "your chosen ISP will contact you within the coming weeks".

m.zakariyya.g

Glad you got sorted . How did you convince Vox to activate you line so quickly? I know of a few people who had to wait quite long, as vox insisted that they send a vox tech out to complete the install/ deliver a router.
Signed the router indemnity form the day before. I called Vox soon after installation and explained I wanted to be activated as I had my own router - lady told me it would be 24-48 - less than 20 minutes later Vumatel sent an email confirming my service with Vox was active.

Cowboy619

Signed the router indemnity form the day before. I called Vox soon after installation and explained I wanted to be activated as I had my own router - lady told me it would be 24-48 - less than 20 minutes later Vumatel sent an email confirming my service with Vox was active.
How has the speeds been so far with Vox?

m.zakariyya.g

How has the speeds been so far with Vox?
Pretty great - reaching max speed for most things on a 100Mbps line. No buffering and 4K netflix worked seamlessly. Only thing is the highest my P2P stuff has reached is 5MB/s - well seeded private torrents, so I'm not sure if it's being shaped yet. I'll test out other torrents to see and update.

Cowboy619

Was at the town hall meeting. Certain areas are already live for Elfindale. They are going live in zones. I asked them to send me the details about the zones and when they are going live, but they said that Elfindale and Southfield need to be live by next week

TwilightWalker

Was at the town hall meeting. Certain areas are already live for Elfindale. They are going live in zones. I asked them to send me the details about the zones and when they are going live, but they said that Elfindale and Southfield need to be live by next week
Just received a call from Vumatel about the installation, Elfindale area is going live on the 30th April, have my installation booked for next week Thursday.

Cowboy619

Just received a call from Vumatel about the installation, Elfindale area is going live on the 30th April, have my installation booked for next week Thursday.
Great news!!! They are sending me the update live stats. So will inform when i get the info

scavern

Coolideas, support had been pretty good so far, only hold up has been waiting for the Vumatel installation
How did you manage to do that? Cool Ideas apparently have no idea when Elfindale is going live when I enquired?

Unless what they do is complete the application form and just pass it on to Vumatel...

TwilightWalker

How did you manage to do that? Cool Ideas apparently have no idea when Elfindale is going live when I enquired?

Unless what they do is complete the application form and just pass it on to Vumatel...
Vumatel called me, said they are launching fiber in the area and who would I like to use as an ISP. Said I want to use cool ideas and they said they'll contact them and let them know.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Any other notes from the Townhall meeting?

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it as I'm still out of Town.

Cowboy619

Any other notes from the Townhall meeting?

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it as I'm still out of Town.
What other questions would you like to know?
In Southfield we are sharing the Sub station from Plumstead. Not too sure if that would give us issues or congestion
The presentation was like 20mins then we could chat to all the ISP's
I left after the presentation as i already pre ordered. They do around 120 installs a day. First come First serve