Vumatel - "Order Shelved" out of nowhere, anyone else had this issue?

Defirence680

Hi everyone,

I trust you're doing well and having a good weekend.

I just got this email from Vumatel, after trying to get my line up again.

Fast forward about 30 mins to an hour after phoning, resetting, checking and all manner of verification to see if I can get my internet back up, no luck.

I tried phoning Vumatel but they can't help me until tomorrow, I've emailed my ISP and gave Vumatel a crap review on HelloPeter, which will maybe spark a response and get my Internet back up, that I've paid in advance for, R850 a month now without fail for 9 months (including Dec). Feels like the crap service from both ends and the premium price tag for a 10/2 line that barely works properly is a bit of insult to injury.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this issue, and if so, how long until your service was restored? Anyone specific I can speak to maybe?

I'm an unemployed student trying to run multiple businesses and study from home, so it kinda really screws me over not being able to get potential clients or jobs in.

I appreciate any response or help in advance.

Vumatelscreenshot.PNG

Defirence680

Speak to your ISP they furked up somewhere
Already did, they supposedly "guarantee" that it's not their fault. I even asked them if they can log into their portal and check but I don't think they even bothered to.

Defirence680

Looks like the issue is now magically fixed. No one told me it was back up or said anything about anything being fixed or changed.

Hopefully this never happens again.

SFW007

Expert Member
Order is shelved when a line speed is upgraded/downgraded

highvoltage

Vumatel's ordering / sign up / ISP changing process is really horrible, you just have to keep checking up on them and be prepared to explain to them what you need over and over and eventually you should be up and running. Posting to hellopeter won't help, that site is already full of bad vumatel reviews and they've done nothing to improve those problems.