Vumatel Price change

isie

Honorary Master
I am on Vox. Like I said, not sure if it is true, only what I heard from someone not connected to Vox so might not be true. I am also considering downgrading as the 20/20 is more than enough, although with 50/50 I could actually watch 4k content on Netflix on my QLED tv... so maybe I'll wait and see if it is worth it.
20/10 you mean seems as if 20/20 is falling away

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
VOX does not have 70/70
The 70/70 is a custom package as it doesn't exist with Vumatel.

We haven't launched our own pricing officially but do have an idea, but we aren't live yet. So will refrain from posting our pricing and such just yet.
A lot of people is quite negative towards South Africa and always quotes "In other countries things are so much better". But I read this article and soon after read this article about the US Altice is reducing cable-Internet upload speeds by up to 86% next month.

I tried to get the correct prices for also doing a price comparison between our fibre and the Optimimum plans in the US but they make it a nightmare. It is advertised as starting at $40 / month (R568), but they also charge a "modem fee" of $10 / month (R142) and a "network enhancement fee" of $3.50 (R49) for a total of R759 / month (excluding taxes). But the price is "location dependent" vs our flat fees and these prices are all "special offers" for the first year only.

So all things being equal I quite like our competitive market in South Africa.
Can't agree more. We actually have some of the best Fibre to the Home standards compared to the world. Some places in the USA are only getting 1000 / 100 Mbps packages, and you should see their pricing. Not to mention our upload and download rates are way above the global average, especially on the lower end packages. Sure we might not be the cheapest compared to some places, but the actual quality of our fibre infrustructure (most FNO's) is above par.

Last edited:

ngoni615

The 200/200 package for 1250 seems like a great deal.... i might just upgrade to it after the first of July....what do you guys think? 100/100 is 1100. so a difference of 150 but the speed increase is huge. I do make the most of fast download speeds since i download a lot.

rh1

Executive Member
Got my invoice from mts, they upgraded me to 70/70, but I will downgrade to 50/50 in the new month.

isie

Honorary Master
Nope I was referring to the letter I received today. It only shows the packages but no expected pricing.
technically its all speed upgrades on all ISP , some IISP's you could drop your new speed to your current and save

rh1

Executive Member
There are still people with mweb? Why? Do you love torturing yourselves?

Jbn222

Received call back from Vox/Vumatel & follow up email attached.
I am presently on a 20/20.
He tells me that there is no charge to downgrade presently. It could change on 1st July. If I downgrade I will go down to a 20/10 at price indicated R699. Screenshot_20210625-102516_Gmail.jpg

akescpt

Honorary Master
vox is definitely going to bank this difference in pricing for july

akescpt

Honorary Master
They definitely are. it sucks. eish. going to have a word with them about it lol

And this new and old pricess says ‘old selling’ and ‘new selling’ which makes me wonder if they just doing the speed upgrades and not cutting prices to match.