Vumatel Price change

droidx

Expert Member
Based on my vox account it showed my next invoice as the same price I'm paying. The July payment deducted was the old price. I haven't received any mails from them.

So I voted with my wallet. Afrihost seems to have handled this well. When I needed a new fibre line at another premises, Vox botched it and Afrihost came to the party. I haven't had issues there, so Afrihost seemed like the logical choice. Hope the switch over isn't too painful since I do work from home.

BamboozledAttorney

Okay... so waking up, it looks like Webafrica upped my speed.

1625195821743.png

Still, it does not make sense.

On their website, they are advertising the 50/40 package for R899 (without discount promo).

1625194783294.png

However, on their portal, they are not making that 50/40 option available for upgrade/downgrade, but have the 50/46 upgrade package for R999.

1625194660509.png

Now, I am certain they pushed us to that 50/46 package at no extra cost, but now they are only making the 50/40 upgrade available to new sign-ups?

My bit of drama here, but if they bill me R899 for this month for the speed I am getting, then I am holding onto them. It is only R2 more expensive than the 50/50 package Afrihost is offering. However, if they are mucking up the bill, then by September I am migrating to Afrihost.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rh1

BrettR

Telkom has upgraded my 202/20 package to 50/50:

1625202574197.png

No notice received as yet so can only assume the price will remain the same !

BamboozledAttorney

Right.
My last ISP Prices breakdown. I am not going to bother with those who are not on the list and those who did not update their website yet.

*Vumatel has cut ties with Fibrestream, so you should not expect them on the list.
*Webafrica's pricing is not entirely correct for the speed, but I got that from their website.

VUMATEL FIBRE - ISP Prices.png

rh1

Executive Member
Right.
My last ISP Prices breakdown. I am not going to bother with those who are not on the list and those who did not update their website yet.

*Vumatel has cut ties with Fibrestream, so you should not expect them on the list.
*Webafrica's pricing is not entirely correct for the speed, but I got that from their website.

View attachment 1100113
Man I was going to ask you to update, but thought it was too early. Looking for a new service provider.

TheTraveler

Mind The Speed is cheap, but they have an installation fee of R1725 and activation fee of R875. This negates the R100 savings compared to others.

Are there any other providers that allows payments via EasyPay or Pay@?

Cell C fibre does, but they have not released new prices, and when I called to cancel, they offering me 15% off (could have done this a year ago).
I have submitted my cancellation request as they are refusing to amend their pricing.

Reactions: rh1

akescpt

Honorary Master
damn I can double my speed with a R40 at Afrihost. bloody hell

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

Old Spice

Hi Guys
I am with Webafrica and wanted to cancel, they then offered me the same deal of 50/50 @ R790 with a free month.
Long story short, got Debited and received an increase email below. I sent the lady an email and still waiting .
Anyone else with the same issue?
1625472702159.png

henry1103

Just spoken to RSAWeb, apparently these prices only apply to new customers, existing customers still pay old price, pretty bummed. :(

Drifter

Honorary Master
Still no news from VOX, line speed still the same, premium still the same.

maxxis

Expert Member
Still no news from VOX, line speed still the same, premium still the same.
Mine switched over during the weekend. When I logged into the portal yesterday to configure a new router I noticed 50/50.

ColGatvol

Never got the email from Vox about the speed changes, however when I checked my line speed on 1 July it was upgraded already to 50/50.

Drifter

Honorary Master
No, they are not changing prices but doubling speed as I understand it.