VW plans to have 300 electric car models by 2030

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
That's ambitious. Let's hope they make it, I like this.

I wonder what the sustainability projects look like from the various manufacturers. Can't just keep demanding more and more electricity without systems in place.

Archer

Honorary Master
That's ambitious. Let's hope they make it, I like this.

I wonder what the sustainability projects look like from the various manufacturers. Can't just keep demanding more and more electricity without systems in place.

I'd say that is governments (in the EU and US) problem - they are the ones demanding stringent emission controls.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I'd say that is governments (in the EU and US) problem - they are the ones demanding stringent emission controls.

Well no not really. In terms of electricity generation, yes. But, either all manufacturers will have to adopt a standard (same plug shape and connector) or they will all be liable for setting up charging points in enough locations to make continual electric transport worthwhile. It's the only reason Teslas work in the US - their supercharging stations.

You can charge at home of course, but you need the infrastructure to charge on the road, and that will be on the manufacturers.