VW Polo interior roof lining

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
So the material roof lining of my Polo is sagging. I guess after many years, the adhesive or whatever they use is no longer doing its job. Are there companies that can 'reattach' roof linings and is it an expensive process? The lining around the seams still appears to be fastened without any visible tears at least.

WesleyDB

If you keen for some diy you can do it yourself, some genkem contact glue will do the job. It's not a difficult job, just takes a bit of time.

Totempole

Expert Member
So the material roof lining of my Polo is sagging. I guess after many years, the adhesive or whatever they use is no longer doing its job. Are there companies that can 'reattach' roof linings and is it an expensive process? The lining around the seams still appears to be fastened without any visible tears at least.

This happens a lot with VW's and other vehicles as well. Happened on my mom's Golf 4. There's a quick and easy fix if the lining is also fabric in the Polo. Push pins. :)

41rMTXwVQyL._SR500,500_.jpg

Ares1000101

If you're in CPT I can recommend a place I took my golf 5

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
How much did it cost you ?

Looking at getting my golf 6 done...
If you're in CT, the guy who replaced and redid our car's charged me R850. That was for a Corolla.

He lives in Delft though, so if you want to him to come out there's likely going to be a call-out fee added. I just left my car there since he's a friend of a friend (friend replaces the windows, he does the interiors of accident damaged cars).

Lupus

Honorary Master
One of those perceived qualities of VW unfortunately.

Cius

Executive Member
I had the same thing happen to my Tazz a few years back. Took it to an upholstery place in Krugersdorp who replaced with a much nicer Psuedo leather looking material for about R600 if I recall correctly. Was well worth it as it looked really professional and nice.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Sounds like a ballpark figure of between R600 & R1,000. @Ares1000101, I'll Google them and see if I come right.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Had the same thing on three Opels over the years. Age is the common denominator.
How old were the cars? Because I have a 1994 car and 2005 one, which is an Opel by the way, the roof lining is still where it was the day it left the factory.

I think it has more to do with shoddy workmanship or abuse by the owner.