VW Polo Vivo (2018)

Zenthrax

Would you prefer hitting a pedestrian or cow with a sedan or suv? I would like a suv with a bar on it. If someone jumps in front of the car on the highway by the N2 here in CPT then at least it is safer for you in the suv. 300 years and not everything has been tamed.
Yes because bigger is always better right... I would prefer not hitting either, but if I had to, it would be in the car based on it being safer, not it's size.
Heck news24 just had a video up about "safe big suv's" not being so safe for everyone in the car

edit: err wheels24

Last edited:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
New competition yet old Polo Vivo offered.

IMG_6120.JPG

Go figure.

(Unless old stock image used. Even a bigger fail then.)

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Your point being? You feel entitled to dictate what prize a competition should have?
Lack comprehension? I thought my point was rather clear but I'll spell it out:

Latest Polo Vivo came out in Feb. This competition runs from 1 June. Incorrect stock image used or just an old stock Polo as the prize given? Perhaps purchased a few months prior.

At no place did I dictate what the prize should be but rather question which Polo Vivo model is being given away.

kripstoe

Expert Member
Lack comprehension? I thought my point was rather clear but I'll spell it out:

Latest Polo Vivo came out in Feb. This competition runs from 1 June. Incorrect stock image used or just an old stock Polo as the prize given? Perhaps purchased a few months prior.

At no place did I dictate what the prize should be but rather question which Polo Vivo model is being given away.
"Even a bigger fail then" Effectively you're saying the prize and/or incorrect image is a fail.

Cr419

Executive Member
"Even a bigger fail then" Effectively you're saying the prize and/or incorrect image is a fail.
You are being obtuse. Any sane person can see his point. It's slightly odd that a competition advertises an old car in a new car give away competition.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Anyhow/

Back on topic:

Seeing tons of the N/A new Vivo's but don't recall seeing the boosted GT model.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Anyhow/

Back on topic:

No wonder, for just under R10k less you can get yourself a real Polo 1.0TSI trendline with 6 airbags compared to the 2 of the GT, brake assist and traction control. Use the change to get yourself a decent option or buy bigger wheels.

Maybe people are finally starting to apply their minds when buying cars.

Last edited:

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Anyhow/

Back on topic:

I have seen a few GTs around, they stick out, they have a really nice set of alloys on them and that sticker that adds +500wkw, lol.

Someone who works near me got one, I have never bothered to try take a pic as I fully expect more to start appearing soon

Robvd

No wonder, for just under R10k less you can get yourself a real Polo 1.0TSI trendline with 6 airbags compared to the 2 of the GT, brake assist and traction control. Use the change to get yourself a decent option or buy bigger wheels.

Maybe people are finally starting to apply their minds when buying cars.
Yup.. I was looking at the Vivo 1.4, VW sent me a quote and it came to like R210K.. No way I was paying that for a Vivo.

Found a 2017 1.2 TSi with 11 000 Km for R179K MUCH better car and engine, fuel economy is amazing (18km/l).. oh and it includes 3 year service plan and warranty (taking it for it's first service in a month)

Very happy with my purchase.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Yup.. I was looking at the Vivo 1.4, VW sent me a quote and it came to like R210K.. No way I was paying that for a Vivo.

Found a 2017 1.2 TSi with 11 000 Km for R179K MUCH better car and engine, fuel economy is amazing (18km/l).. oh and it includes 3 year service plan and warranty (taking it for it's first service in a month)

Very happy with my purchase.
When you are talking Polo you always need to mention trim line for context.

So Trendline, Comfortline or Highline?